Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone shot the new axis rs 12 from fabarm with the floated barrels. Was wondering what people thought of the company and if there are any like or dislikes. I have an opportunity to get one for a good price. Also just didn't know how these guns compare to like a browning xs special or skeet or a beretta 682 gold. How the fabarm is going to hold up after years of shooting registered skeet targets

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Love mine. Have had it exactly one year and 10k rounds through it. Love the patterns from the Exis Hp chokes, top notch chokes all around.

Have talked to Caesar Guerini/Fabarm on a couple things and they have always been great in helping fix my mistakes or just plain take care of me.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have the axis with the floating barrels and has been a great gun. I am sending mine in this week for it's first pit stop I have 19,336 rounds through it and no major issues. Bill Fox

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
I'm interested in unsingle barrel if someone only wants O/U only.

Joe
Joe, have you contacted Fabarm?
I would assume that you'd have to get the barrel fit to the receiver at the same time so you might as well go with them. Also having them in the loop helps to preserve your warranty I would think.

As an fyi blue book says to add $1,580 for the additional barrel set so I would imagine that you'll be in the price range for another barrel.

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
Joe, have you contacted Fabarm?
I would assume that you'd have to get the barrel fit to the receiver at the same time so you might as well go with them. Also having them in the loop helps to preserve your warranty I would think.

As an fyi blue book says to add $1,580 for the additional barrel set so I would imagine that you'll be in the price range for another barrel.
That the gun you shot Sunday?

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
Yep. It was an AIM/CYTT ( Colorado Youth Trapshooting Tour ) event so we had good turnout. The kid shooters compete for College Scholarship money awarded for 1st and 2nd in classes and the last several years Kelly Stout has done a good job drawing kids into the program.

Some people ( a lot of people actually ) say that we have the best background in Colorado. Couple that with Dan's target setting abilities from working gun clubs since he was a kid and the last three Grand American grassroots, and we throw excellent targets. Targets that WANT to break.

S.W. Zone shoot will be here next summer .......

Reactions: hbar314

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Yep. It was an AIM/CYTT ( Colorado Youth Trapshooting Tour ) event so we had good turnout. The kid shooters compete for College Scholarship money awarded for 1st and 2nd in classes and the last several years Kelly Stout has done a good job drawing kids into the program.

Some people ( a lot of people actually ) say that we have the best background in Colorado. Couple that with Dan's target setting abilities from working gun clubs since he was a kid and the last three Grand American grassroots, and we throw excellent targets. Targets that WANT to break.

S.W. Zone shoot will be here next summer .......
Oh nice.
I like shooting the pitch targets (as opposed to bios) and I love being able to use that funky bow tie of a hotel at DIA for a hold point in doubles.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok I guess I was looking for like a longevity answer as well. No offence but 20k rounds through a gun is nothing to me. I shoot 200 birds a week for practice and that's not including registered so I'm looking I guess more of the 5 year 50k or more rounds thru a gun answer if anyone knows please do chime in. I'm looking at this gun very hard and it's a gun I want to tube and have for 10 years or more and shoot alot of rounds through. Thanks again

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have one about 20k rounds thru mine and it's now a loaner still going strong. Comments below.
Pros
Great patterns
No mechanical issues
Good weight / swings great
Cons
The tri wood- I've seen numerous comments that it's not a coating "it's a product of some sort applied to the wood to enhance the grain" BS! It's a coating mine has a small chip on the forearm and you can clearly see it's a coating with substantial thickness. Over time I'm sure this area will be enlarged as moisture, oil etc get under the coating.
The finish has worn off the reciever from handling. (I have the black receiver)

Again the cons are not a deal breaker....but should this be occurring on a gun in the 3,500 price range? And only a year old? I don't know

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the replies. Does anyone else have anything to add on reliability or durability on these guns. Anyone shoots skeet with it or has 50k or more thru it?

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Thanks for all the replies. Does anyone else have anything to add on reliability or durability on these guns. Anyone shoots skeet with it or has 50k or more thru it?
I've shot skeet with mine....as well as ATA, bunker, sporting clays, and 5 stand. It smokes targets what ever the clay is being called.

The new floating barrels model has only been out for a couple of years, so you might be hard pressed to find someone that already has that many shells through that specific model. But, you are pretty much getting a guerini with this gun. Was just out at Prosoft and he had mine apart and was saying how much it was like a guerini until I told him that Fabarm was owned by CG.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts