Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Downrage Manufacturing and picked up some case of their new economy wads. Kevin states that these wads will load using the Figure 8 specifications. Just in time for the youth trap shooting season (which started today). Kevin and his crew have figured out how to make a quality wad for the Remington hulls, with an economy price. Thanks Kevin. IMHO Omaha

G

·
I will say one thing about Kevin's products, They're as good as factory or better. They don't leave the barrel full of plastic residue either.

ec90t

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I just bought some,64.99/5000 they load as slick as all the other downrange wads and throw great patterns.Jerry

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Jerry: Did you have them shipped to you or did you pick them up? Usually the shipping costs a lot, due to the size of the package. Thanks. Ed

G

·
suggs1,

Smaller companies don't have the overhead that large coorporations do. DownRange probably has a better chief to indian ratio. Lol.

ec90t

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
A simple wad design does not have a huge cost for the molds.. Something simple like this could cost $50,000 per set instead of well over $100,000 per set.. Less money comming into a project.. less money needs to be recooped.. Kevin will never compromise the quality..

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
EE, if you will read the responses, you will see that Jerry "JDSFarms" said that he paid $64.95/5000. Why do you come on swearing and shouting on your first post on a thread? Just read the threads. Makes you look kinda silly.

Having said that, I would like to try some as well.

Mike

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
The only negative I can see with that wad, is the space between the petals. I have used DRA12 white wads exclusively for three years and love them. I hope I never have to switch. DRA12 white wads do not have that space. When inserted into a hull, there is no space between petals of a DRA12. I think that is important if you ever shoot reclaimed shot. Stones the size of shot do make it through the cleaning process. Some stones are very very hard.

·
Registered
393 Posts
also remington wads are stictch'd.down range are not, a lot less headache when running my p.w with 6 sts hulls in my right hand,and 6-8 rem.fig 8's in my left.no hitch hikers to fight with.and i can have 150-175 done shells in 15 min.using the real fig 8's at $17/1000 it will be hard for me to switch,mark

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Several people have emailed and asked for shipping charges. At over 30+ pounds, a case of wads will cost you 25.63 in shipping charges. I try to not ship to my regular customers if possible since it drives up the cost so much. Omaha

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
checked the UPS web site. $29.91 residential $27.80 commercial address $46.19 for 2 cases shipped to a commercial address. At this time only 1 1/8 oz size. Kevin may know if DR plan to ever build a 1 oz version of this wad. The cheapest way to get these wads looks like going to a shoot where somebody has them in the trailer. IMHO Omaha

Dave J, powder and Econ wads are ready when you are.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.