Trapshooters Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Read every post entry. NO WHERE does it take care of MY question...WILL IT MAKE ME POINT MY GUN IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION??
The shells I have now are better than I am...and unfortunately, I can prove it by my scores!
I need a shell with built in RADAR.
Now that would be worth $12 a box!!
My Best
Jim

·
Premium Member
2,162 Posts
Just remember, if these shells have 8% antimony, they have less lead. Energy per pellet will naturally be less.

The industry went through the antimony war back in the 1960's. Everyone settled on 6% because it was the best balance of performance and cost. Maybe antimony costs less today; I don't know.

Scott Hanes

·
Registered
947 Posts
Brilliant advertising Winchester. You can't find any trap loads anywhere so let's introduce a "New Product" when we can't produce enough of the "old stand by" that the trap shooting public can't purchase because lack of product on the shelves of retailers. Oh and lets cheapen the hull so it's not consider a option for a lot of shooters to shoot because they want brass base hulls. Oh and then lets charge more for them than the old stand by AA Super Handicaps or Reminton STS/Nitros. Brilliant,

·
Registered
Perazzi MX2000 31.5/34 combo with a prosoft
1,127 Posts
I didn't realize that you had upset anyone?
How so?
MG
This was just released today. They responded to the complaints about the diamond not being legal and made a non-copper-coated version.

It’s ATA legal. High antimony is the only real difference. Foster Bartholow did an ad campaign for them.

They have some other big news coming soon too, I hear.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Today, unfortunately these companies are run by bean counters. Basically, smart individuals that play golf and in reality have no idea with regards to the shooting sports. They have huge marketing & advertising departments.
They introduced some gimmick of a product and guess what, the sales sucked wind! Why?
Well, first off the product wasn't even legal in the largest of the shooting sports, Trap!
Now, it looks like they might possibly reintroduce the product and eliminate the selling feature that was supposed to make it better. So, what's the advantage over Super Handicap Shells NOW?
1, Cheaper Steel Base - Not Brass
2, Same Primer
3, Same Powder
4, Same Wad
5, SAME SHOT!
CHEAPER SHELL - MORE EXPENSIVE - HIGHER PROFITS, but people would have to buy them, before they would make a dime!
MG
The box is prettier!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Brilliant advertising Winchester. You can't find any trap loads anywhere so let's introduce a "New Product" when we can't produce enough of the "old stand by" that the trap shooting public can't purchase because lack of product on the shelves of retailers. Oh and lets cheapen the hull so it's not consider a option for a lot of shooters to shoot because they want brass base hulls. Oh and then lets charge more for them than the old stand by AA Super Handicaps or Reminton STS/Nitros. Brilliant,
Bingo!!!!

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
The fly in the ointment is the hull. Steel case head and soft plastic. I loaded a few and they seem to load like the Winnie promo hulls. Does not matter if you don't load and toss hulls. Have not seen a price on them.

They are becoming very common in the hull buckets on sporting courses. Probably because they are available.

Don't worry about starting an argument. Some folks here seem to have a wee nip after their nap and are looking for an argument. LOL

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Just remember, if these shells have 8% antimony, they have less lead. Energy per pellet will naturally be less.

The industry went through the antimony war back in the 1960's. Everyone settled on 6% because it was the best balance of performance and cost. Maybe antimony costs less today; I don't know.

Scott Hanes
I was wondering if you could have too much of a good thing. Steel pellets are harder than lead, no? I don't see anyone rushing to shoot steel in any clay target games.

·
Registered
20,337 Posts
I was wondering if you could have too much of a good thing. Steel pellets are harder than lead, no? I don't see anyone rushing to shoot steel in any clay target games.
They are a LOT lighter than lead. Hard dont matter if they’re light.

·
Registered
779 Posts
If it weren't so darn expensive I think you would, at least for 16s. Steel patterns tight, flies fast, and has way more pellets per ounce than lead. Might not be great for long handicap, but buy a box of #7 steel and shoot a round of 16s.... I've never seen smaller than 7s but I've shot 7s and they turn a target into a fine powder. Pretty sure there are some steel only ranges on the left coast - be curious to hear what guys say who shoot steel on a regular basis.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
If it weren't so darn expensive I think you would, at least for 16s. Steel patterns tight, flies fast, and has way more pellets per ounce than lead. Might not be great for long handicap, but buy a box of #7 steel and shoot a round of 16s.... I've never seen smaller than 7s but I've shot 7s and they turn a target into a fine powder.
The day may come, and soon, when we are all forced to shoot steel. I will cross that bridge when I have to.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
Looks like some of you might want to work on your reading comprehension and attention to detail. It may be a reintroduction of a slightly modified failed product. Or it may be the best invention since the one piece plastic wad. With the current ammo situation, it may be 2023 before we see any!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
It would seem to me that the way to know if they are better would be to pattern them vs super handicap shells. Anything else is just conjecture.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts