Trapshooters Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's copper washed.
Cut one open and there are plenty of copper flakes floating around for confetti. Not to mention odd looking shot.
Would love to see someone test the actual hardness.

·
Premium Member
7,669 Posts
Today, unfortunately these companies are run by bean counters. Basically, smart individuals that play golf and in reality have no idea with regards to the shooting sports. They have huge marketing & advertising departments.
They introduced some gimmick of a product and guess what, the sales sucked wind! Why?
Well, first off the product wasn't even legal in the largest of the shooting sports, Trap!
Now, it looks like they might possibly reintroduce the product and eliminate the selling feature that was supposed to make it better. So, what's the advantage over Super Handicap Shells NOW?
1, Cheaper Steel Base - Not Brass
2, Same Primer
3, Same Powder
4, Same Wad
5, SAME SHOT!
CHEAPER SHELL - MORE EXPENSIVE - HIGHER PROFITS, but people would have to buy them, before they would make a dime!
MG

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
I thought the velocity was 1300 ? If so it's not ATA approved. I also read they were non reloadable.

·
Registered
265 Posts

·
Registered
10,557 Posts
So, what's the advantage over Super Handicap Shells NOW?
There advertised 8% antimony shot. Is their supposed benefit, I guess.

I believe Tim did a test on a couple of these new Elite shells. He found the shot to be more deformed and slightly softer than the standard AA shot. I was interested in buying the new Elite shells last Spring with their $2 rebate. So, Tim's testing saved me some cash, and I now feel like I have a better shell in the process. "Thanks Tim"!!!!

Seems to me (and you) its just a marketing ploy by Winchester to compete head to head with some of the plated Euro shells coming into the Sporting Clay marketplace. Winchester was losing business to these shells. So, These new plated shells are geared directly to the Sporting Clay crowd to get there share of the market back!!! Seems Winchester has now found out there shells were illegal in ATA. So they came out with a special line geared just for the Trap Shooters now. This line was not released last year. So, it must be a line released recently. Sporting Clay shooters will pay 10 bucks or more for throw away shells. I doubt you will find to many Trap shooters doing this. I can't see any skeet shooters buying this ammo at all. Does it make any difference??? Heck, I still remember reloading nothing but chilled shot when I was a kid. No one told us our shot was too soft back then. LOL. break em all jeff

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
NO it will not!
Copper Plated Shot is NOT legal for any ATA events!
MG
The OP posted a link (never mind the post one above the quoted post) showing that the shot is non-plated and you still want to argue !?!?!?!

IT IS NOT PLATED !!!!!!!

Maybe snake oil but again IT IS NOT PLATED !!!!!!

·
Premium Member
7,669 Posts
The OP posted a link (never mind the post one above the quoted post) showing that the shot is non-plated and you still want to argue !?!?!?!

IT IS NOT PLATED !!!!!!!

Maybe snake oil but again IT IS NOT PLATED !!!!!!
Then by all means, you should buy it and shoot it.
Guess you didn't read post #23.
Please report back with your thoughts on the product after using it.
MG

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Then by all means, you should buy it and shoot it.
Guess you didn't read post #23.
Please report back with your thoughts on the product after using it.
MG
Mark, my comments are not about the shells or if I plan to use them its about the fact that you are too hard headed to understand at the time of post #10 (your post) it was clearly stated that the shot won't be plated.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
NO it will not!
Copper Plated Shot is NOT legal for any ATA events!
MG
Markk - The advertising sheet posted by blackandgold specifically states "ATA legal (non-plated)".
I believe the original Diamond Grade shells were plated, but obviously these are not, unless Winchester has started to falsify their advertising.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts