Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Below are some photos of the new DeVault Single Barrel shotgun. This is the second of the new series that we have completed and we are now finished with the design changes, this is what can be expected in our single barrel shotgun in the future. We have added a new feature in the receiver face in the way of a firing pin bucket. The insert is S-7 heat treated tool steel coated in an ALTiN black coating. The coating is hard and should give years of trouble free service. The purpose of this insert is to combat the new steel base shells and the wear created from the steel mixing with the powder gasses after being fired. The insert if it ever wears out can be replaced with a new insert and the gun is back in service. The firing pin has been downsized to increase striking force and it is spring loaded to retract when the gun is opened. Also the barrel hinge pin is massive for extended service, 7/16" diameter. The rib has a single point of adjustment, the rib is interchangeable with any design that is required for any POI needed. The receiver is 17-4 PH Stainless Steel that has been heat treated for maximum strength and years of trouble free use. The opening button is S-7 heat treated tool steel along with all the internal trigger part components. All of our parts are 100% machined, "No Castings" Yes it does cost more but we feel it is worth the extra cost to be safe. Same barrels as before and Briley Extended Chokes are supplied with every gun. Three chokes are supplied, 020 ~ .025 ~ .030 constriction. The bores on the guns are .740 with extended forcing cones. The cost of a gun built as shown here is $ 12,000.00 and we have metal available to begin to build more as they are ordered. Comes in a Boyd Case. Thank you for taking a look

Dennis DeVault

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes we are taking orders now, if you would like to reserve one let me know by e-mail or phone and you can get the e-mail from our web site at http://www.devaultind.com

Dennis DeVault

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Was catching up on old newsletters and was wondering how this project was coming along. Probably the most functional, thought out SBT on the market.

·
Registered
'07 Kolar Max TA 3bbl set, Jeff Mainland fitted
2,725 Posts
Looking good, Dennis! It's beautiful! And in a Boyt case, no less. (he still claims he's better looking)

Merry Christmas.... barb & mike

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Dennis you put that much pitch in that recoil pad or was that a special order,that looks like a lot

Victor Tomlinson

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To answer the questions, the barrels are all 33" long, the pitch was determined at the time the fitting to the customer when he was here, if I can have a gun complete I will bring one at the Silver Dollar. The combo set is being worked on now we have started to make parts for those guns and they will be available about mid 2014. Thank you to everyone that took the time to respond.

Dennis DeVault

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
One thing I wanted to add. The price I quoted includes custom fitting to the first original owner of the new gun. I just wanted to make that known that the custom fitted stock is not available to other buyers who may bpurchase the gun used. Thanks again and Merry Christmas to all.

Dennis DeVault

·
Registered
349 Posts
Dennis:

Great looking gun! You and Cindy have a wonderful Christmas, look forward to seeing you at the Buckeye!

Deb Extine

·
Registered
649 Posts
What kind of price you looking at for a complete gun with a laminated black and silver stock? All so what would the gun cost with just the stock wood you would put on the gun? Would not hold you to any of these prices, just want a ballpark price to see what kind of funds I would need in the future.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts