1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,773 Posts
That's great.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Merlyn, you know darn well that Roger is on the other side giving directions.

Have a happy Thanksgiving.

Steve

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The new clubhouse will use the concrete pad from the original clubhouse which is 39 X 100 feet. Here are "before tornado" and "after tornado" pics of the original clubhouse.

okshooter_2008_30094.jpg

okshooter_2008_30095.jpg

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here are some new images of the clubhouse with exterior walls and roof completed on December 2. The work crew is currently working on the guttering and internal walls for the storage room. The last picture is one of Building committee member Roger Finkle (notice SHORTS & CROCS) load testing an exterior wall for lateral strength. Roger reports that the insulation crew begins work on Friday December 6.

okshooter_2008_30096.jpg

okshooter_2008_30097.jpg

okshooter_2008_30098.jpg

okshooter_2008_30099.jpg

·
Registered
218 Posts
Really enjoyed that original old club house as it was an original log building with a ton of character!

Roger Smith Wichita, KS

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
The insulation crew starts on December 6th. ? What kind of insulation..Foam? Otherwise I'm curious why they didn't insulate before they skinned the building?

To bad about the old building..it does look like it had a lot of character.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
what are the dimensions of your building?
l recently was the project manager on a 32x90 similar building. What are your plans for ceiling finish

·
Banned
1,598 Posts
I am glad to see you rebuilding first off but second I just cant stand the metal buildings. They are so cold and un-inviting. Your old building had the character that new buildings just can not replicate.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The dimensions are 39 X 100 ft. As far as insulation, ceiling finish, or any other construction details I cannot answer (I'm just the computer dude). Perhaps someone from the building committee could provide the answers.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts