Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to put a set of remington new classic trap stocks on my old 870tb. I remember reading something about they needed extra parts,bolt or something to work because of the universal fit for 1100 also ?? Any help?

·
Registered
667 Posts
do you have a 870 trap stock? I have an old beater 870 with a field stock and was hoping to find a stock for it! use it for a back up!
Larry bledsoe

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
870 Stocks need nothing but the bolt. Be sure to use the spacer in the receiver pocket or you'll split the stock at the wrist in about 50 rounds.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
If you go from an old 870 only stock to a new 870/1100/11-87 stock you would need to get the longer stock bolt.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The new classic stock that Remington is putting on 870/ 1100 trap guns, it is what i'm planning to put back on, if i don't find a used one. The longer bolt is what I remeber someone said was the difference. thanks for the help.
Railroad

·
Registered
849 Posts
Yeah, railroad. It finally occured to Remington that if they drilled the 870 and 1100 stocks the same depth they wouldn't need as much inventory. To use a new stock on an 870 you'll need the 10 1/4 inch stock bolt. Brownells carries them.

Buz

·
Registered
849 Posts
Yeah, railroad. It finally occured to Remington that if they drilled the 870 and 1100 stocks the same depth they wouldn't need as much inventory. To use a new stock on an 870 you'll need the 10 1/4 inch stock bolt. Brownells carries them.

Buz

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.