Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I received the following flyer in an ATA email. The gun shown at the bottom is called a “Citori Universal Hi-post with Adjustable Rib”. It has a parallel Monte Carlo comb, and in the picture appears to be UN-PORTED. I can not see why this would be any different from a Citori trap model with adjustable rib. The fact that it might be un-ported makes it very interesting to me. I intend to call GU tomorrow to verify if it is ported or not and whether it has a palm swell. At first glance it appears that this might be an answer for people (like me) who like the Citori but don’t want porting. If anyone out there has already contacted GU about this gun, please let us know what you found out.
Denny K.
9C170DB9-CB08-4682-95C8-68FE04BF8513.jpeg

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I have looked at the Universal hi post at Guns Unlimited at the Grand but those were not adjust rib models. At that time they were standard models in 30 inch bbl only. Those were a run made for guns Unlimited only & were exactly the same as the CX/Special Sporting models. Any idea how much this model will sell for. If we have a Grand this year I already know Guns Unlimited is going to lighten my wallet as I have 2 Citoris on my wish list. Colonel

·
Registered
123 Posts
I priced one 2850 with adj rib ,adj comb,and gracoil I believe the base model was around 2200 that was Monte Carlo stock no adj comb ,or gracoil

·
Registered
83 Posts
it appears these aren’t shown in their website yet or I missed them. The universal with an adjustable comb looks to be a perfect all around gun...for the price.

·
What squad am I on?
Lots of different guns...
7,895 Posts
I’ll have that combo. Thinking maybe August-September timeframe I should have one in my hands, hopefully on a demo and I’ll get one if I like it, which I know I will...

·
Registered
565 Posts
I was talking to a dealer about 6 weeks ago, and he said Browning does sell several models NON PORTED, but they are a special order. Apparently Browning picks the US market at mostly ported guns. If you google, browning has several other models for the European market, and they are NON PORTED, but not available here, even by order.
I dont care what your preference is, but mine is non ported.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Yep, they do "OEM special" runs of 40, 50, 100 or more.
Same flyer had a 4 gun skeet set, though Browning hasn't offered that in a long time.
Nothing fancy, plain wood, no inlays.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Ported, 30 or 32" barrels, fixed comb/butt $2299, adj comb $2494, adj comb/gracoil $2844. It became available in March according to the flyer I have.

·
What squad am I on?
Lots of different guns...
7,895 Posts
So what is the difference between this and the
Citori 725 Trap Max?
Stock dimensions, better triggers (according to Browning) and I believe the 725 also has a narrower profile if I remember correctly.

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
I’ll have that combo. Thinking maybe August-September timeframe I should have one in my hands, hopefully on a demo and I’ll get one if I like it, which I know I will...
This combo is on my wish list as well. Maybe we will see a Wadhopper review?

My 'Problem', however is that I already have a nice XT and a late model BT-99 Plus that I shoot pretty well.... What to do... ;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts