Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started shooting trap when my oldest daughter joined the high school trap team in 2018. I purchased a new Caesar Guerini Summit Trap in October of 2021. I was previously shooting a 1979 Browning Citori Trap Combo, fixed chokes and vent rib, and was doing very well with it. The wanting a new higher, adjustable vent rib overcame me and I went for the Caesar Guerini Summit Trap as I've been drooling over it for a year. I do shoot registered targets and have made the Ladies Kansas State Team the last two years. I know getting a new gun takes some time to get used to but I am still not "used" to it. I have yet to shoot a 25 with it :( I've patterned it with an IM choke using bottom barrel at 13 yards. It shoots 80/20 but time after time, my POI is to the left. I've moved my comb out to the right as far as it will go and still shoots to the left. I even had my husband shoot it thinking it was just me and it shoots to the left for him as well. My beads line up straight making a figure 8 with no gap between the beads. Any suggestions??

Thanks,
Jessica

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
I would have a third party test fire it from a rest and if it is still shooting left, I would contact Guerini and discuss the problem with them. Most likely you will have to ship the gun back to them for their test firing. They will either fix the issue, or they will say it is within limits which will most likely result in you to looking for a new shotgun.

·
Registered
974 Posts
My beads line up straight making a figure 8 with no gap between the beads.
Did the beads "line up" before, or after, you moved the comb as far right as possible ? You should have noticed a difference in the beads after moving. If you didnt notice a difference, then you are artificially placing your cheek where it needs to be to see "straight" down the rib - which wont change anything.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did the beads "line up" before, or after, you moved the comb as far right as possible ? You should have noticed a difference in the beads after moving. If you didnt notice a difference, then you are artificially placing your cheek where it needs to be to see "straight" down the rib - which wont change anything.
Good point, the beads lined up in both positions but with less effort after moving more to the right. I probably need to put my gun up with my eyes closed and see how it is actually lining up without "making" them line up.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Did you get a 34" unsingle ? I would pattern the gun at singles distance (I like 32 yards), on a rest, beads lined up. 3 shots is usually good to get a well-defined pattern. Lets us know how far left (inches) the pattern center is from your POA. I can deal with 1-2", more than that gets in my head.

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
So you've gone from a top single to an unsingle? Do you cant your gun? How far to the left is it shooting?
Thanks,
Steve
I interpreted the OP first post as the gun was a O/U.
Here is an interesting question. What's the difference between shooting a un-single and the bottom barrel of a O/U? Take away the top barrel and replace it with a rib and what do you have?

Best advice so far has been different choke tubes and a rest. If those fail go to CG. That's where the answer could be found.

·
Sky Buster
4,358 Posts
Here is an interesting question. What's the difference between shooting a un-single and the bottom barrel of a O/U? Take away the top barrel and replace it with a rib and what do you have?

Best advice so far has been different choke tubes and a rest. If those fail go to CG. That's where the answer could be found.
I had a similar problem with my Magnus top single. I was ready to send it back to Guerini when a friend
came up with a stock with more cast off. That solved my problem. Your best bet is to return it to Guerini.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts

Guess my interpretation was different. Carry on.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts