Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried this new version of Browning B725 over and under. What is the cost, are they available in the US yet. Does it come in a left handed model? Any info u could supply would be appreciated. Would like to buy one at the Grand.:216:

·
Registered
428 Posts
This gun (gun in above picture) is not sold in the U.S. Europe only. I called browning and they said they have no plans on releasing this gun in the U.S. The 725 pro trap with the weight system in the stock is the U.S. version it does not have an adjustable rib.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just bought a 725 Pro Trap two weeks ago. Great gun and shoots well if I do my part. Nice balance and feels good.Very nice grade III/IV wood. Has right hand palm swell,adjustable comb,high rib,32" barrels,five weights,five DS chokes and a very nice black Browning case.$3400.00

·
Registered
206 Posts
Just bought a 725 Pro Trap two weeks ago. Great gun and shoots well if I do my part. Nice balance and feels good.Very nice grade III/IV wood. Has right hand palm swell,adjustable comb,high rib,32" barrels,five weights,five DS chokes and a very nice black Browning case.$3400.00
Just purchased one a few weeks ago. Still getting used to it and sorting it out. Beautiful gun.

·
Registered
139 Posts
So, this is now available in the US or is it sourced from the UK? I think I'll be looking to sell my current 725 trap for this version.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
The protrap is available in the US. Its on the Browning US website also:

But it doesn't have an adjustable rib like the version posted near the start of the thread. That pro trap option is only offered overseas currently.
Here's the Browning video on it:

I can't imagine the adjustable rib version won't make it to the US at some point.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I own the current 725 Trap model offered in the US - this new B725 Pro Trap model is different. I like the EU version with the adjustable rib and no porting ... looks like a different butt, weight system and better looking rib profile, IMHO. I think Browning would sell this model VERY well here in the US. Makes you wonder who does their market research?

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
The combo version that's available here has an adjustable rib on the single only.
The EU version has adjustable rib on the single AND the o/u.

Bill

·
Registered
139 Posts
I really like the rib profile much better on the EU version of the Pro-Trap B725. Much more appealing look, IMO. And the added benefit of an adjustable rib (on an O/U) makes it competitive with lot's of high-end guns. I understand the EU version also comes with a full-set of chokes and a carrying case.

VERY surprised at Browning for thinking this nice package would not sell in the US. I think they called that one incorrectly!

--Z

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I really like the rib profile much better on the EU version of the Pro-Trap B725. Much more appealing look, IMO. And the added benefit of an adjustable rib (on an O/U) makes it competitive with lot's of high-end guns. I understand the EU version also comes with a full-set of chokes and a carrying case.

VERY surprised at Browning for thinking this nice package would not sell in the US. I think they called that one incorrectly!

--Z
with no porting and an adjustable rib that gun would sell like hotcakes in the U.S.A.

jack mc

1 - 20 of 37 Posts