Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking with a guy today and he mentioned that Beretta may be bringing out a new O/U gun out soon, maybe named the Black Diamond?

Has anyone heard about a new gun? Any info on features, release date or anything like that?

Don

·
Registered
627 Posts
The one I saw is, I think, what you are talking about. It is intended to be ultra light for bunker or pigeons/ helice. This one had 1.41kg bbls. The most prominent feature was a carbon fiber rib. Pacific Sporting arms has had one for some time. Considerably more than a standard DT-11.

·
Vendor
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guys, thanks for the response, I think I found what he was talking about,

DT11 Sporting BLACK

A DT11 black gun with carbon fiber rib and carbon fiber trigger plate, it also looks like it has a push button forend release.

The webpage I posted above does not anything about release date or pricing.

Looks pretty interesting.......

·
Premium Member
10,614 Posts
Beretta ought to come out with a 692 combo first.

·
Krieghoff K80
2,482 Posts
Was fondling one at the NYC Beretta Gallery just yesterday. Beautiful gun that's a bit lighter than the standard DT 11. Swung & balanced nicely.......although I could not justify it's near $4000 price increase over a standard DT 11.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Looks very interesting from the video. How was the rib Claybird2? The carbon fiber you typically see is very glossy, hopefully they finished it with a matte coating to reduce glare?

·
Krieghoff K80
2,482 Posts
Looks very interesting from the video. How was the rib Claybird2? The carbon fiber you typically see is very glossy, hopefully they finished it with a matte coating to reduce glare?
The rib was indeed matte. Overall the gun was stunning in looks & feel. I especially liked the matte receiver with black mirrored highlights. Gone was the "blue line" so many disliked. I guess shaving weight on the "Black", was Beretta's answer to Kolar's Max Lite or perhaps Krieghoff's Parcours. As I mentioned however......I don't see the near $4000 up price warranted from the standard DT 11, which in itself.......is a magnificent gun.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts