Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the new auto mate set up and all is working fine except I can not get the primer to hit dead center every time it cycles. If doing by hand, and I see this I can tap the primer to drop in the hole, but with the auto mate I am worried that it will jam. What is the secret. It is always close but not 100% consistent. What is the best way to get a consistent drop. TY

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Guess what... Its never 100% consistent. I watch it all the time and will occasionally have to nudge the primer into the hole. Get used it it. Nothing is ever consistent with a Mex except that its not consistent.

TB

·
Registered
839 Posts
Check the reloading forum on shotgunworld. There is a guy named Curly-nohair who puts on descriptions with pictures. He is one of the best with MECs. Use the search function.

Bill

·
Registered
47 Posts
striper: I recently installed the Mec primer drop you refer to on an old Mec 650 of mine. The "tweaking" I ended up doing was to slightly bend the plate the primer tube is welded to in order to get it aligned properly so it would drop primers consistently.....ie. maybe 1 out of 100 has to be manually nudged. I bent the plate by gently pulling on the bottom of the primer tube. The plate is a soft enough metal to allow it to bend rather easily.

Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.