Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a photo of the new Auto-Buster installed on a Beretta 391 20 ga Youth shotgun. The finished length of pull is 12 3/8" !!! This is the only recoil system on the market that can allow these formerly unheard-of short LOPs on auto-loaders.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For the time being, I'll be doing all the installations myself. I need to do this to make sure I haven't missed something I need to know about, but it sure looks like a winner to me. I have enough parts to do about 30 right now and more on the way. Harry, I'd love to put one on your Benelli. Thanks!!

Ken

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bill, it depends on the Benelli's pad attachment method. If it's screwed on, it may be possible. If it's one of their "push in" type, no.

Ken

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Ken have you tried it on the Beretta 303? It is a long recoil tube and most devices will not work. Just curious as i want one but have yet to find any that will work. Also have you got any plans to put a material in the gap to help make it more plaesing to the eye? I can send a 303 if you need a guinea pig. It may be your toughest challenge. Thanks

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have 2 303's in the shop to do, and yes there is enough room for these 2. It won't do a real short lop in them, however. I believe about 14 1/2 or so is the shotest a 303 is going to get with it.

Ken

·
Registered
25,284 Posts
I've seen some Benellis have less than flawless cycling when not fired from the shoulder (in tactical matches). Some had problems with very soft recoil pads. I wonder if this device would affect cycling on a Benelli?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a Benelli located for a test (Harry) and we'll get one installed as soon as possible. Any of the recoil operated autos can be subject to cycling issues due to a loose gun mount. That said, however, I have installed Gracoils on a few different makes of them with long lop's (Benellis included) that functioned without incident. Since the Auto-Buster has a shorter stroke than a Gracoil, it may prove to be a non-issue.

Ken

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.