Trapshooters Forum banner

Which method will you use for future shoots?

New ATA Shoot Station Trap App

12514 Views 113 Replies 54 Participants Last post by  Steve12
I saw an ATA sponsored app on Facebook the other day so I went to the app store, downloaded it, and signed in. It was fairly intuitive and easy to sign in. It pulled all of my scores and past shoots from the ATA website shooter information center and they populated into the app. Everything looks accurate. I have included a few screen shots from my phone so you can see what it looks like. Pretty cool. Makes me wish I wouldn't have spent so much time a few months ago in Google Sheets making a sweet Excel based average card. Oh well. Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Circle
Font Material property Parallel Screenshot Rectangle
Font Electric blue Parallel Rectangle Screenshot
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

· Registered
97 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I just put it on my phone. Have you had any issues finding scheduled shoots? I was looking for one that is on Sept 11 and it doesn't show up under the Club. Maybe it just hasn't been submitted to ATA yet?

· Premium Member
793 Posts
The app is nice and I will probably use it, but it’s a paper average card until the rules catch up with technology. Some of the larger shoots, zones, regional grands and state shoots, require your average card and plastic card to classify.

· Registered
2,618 Posts
Yes, I downloaded the app - I am not at all certain what it is good for. Perhaps it is a first step toward doing more electronically - I don't know. What I do know is classifiers want to swipe my card so my data shows up on their screen and they can enter my classification information into the cashiering system. I know that squadding needs to swipe my card so my name and ata # show up on their screen and they can put me into posts and squads. I know that cashiering needs to swipe my card so my payment information can be entered. This app will not help when using PreSquad. Sorry, at this time, I do not see any value to having this app on my phone.

· What squad am I on?
TriStar TT15
8,770 Posts
Yes, I downloaded the app - I am not at all certain what it is good for. Perhaps it is a first step toward doing more electronically - I don't know. What I do know is classifiers want to swipe my card so my data shows up on their screen and they can enter my classification information into the cashiering system. I know that squadding needs to swipe my card so my name and ata # show up on their screen and they can put me into posts and squads. I know that cashiering needs to swipe my card so my payment information can be entered. This app will not help when using PreSquad. Sorry, at this time, I do not see any value to having this app on my phone.
I would familiarize myself with anything electronic if I were you, especially an ATA app. Barcode scanner comes to mind. Touch-less and faster. This way when the time comes (and it will) you won't fly off the handle when you mess it up ;)

Many things in life find me thinking I'm glad I'm old-fashioned but when it comes to tech, I try my best to stay up to date. We like to say that when it comes to today's youth, they want to start a revolution but can't start a lawnmower. In the same breath we need to realize they can run tech circles around most of us while we seemingly refuse to adapt to modern tech. Works both ways...

· Premium Member
6,033 Posts
It didn't like my email address for the first several times trying to register, But it finally took it. All set. Now all I have to do is start shooting registered events again. At least the price is right!!

· Premium Member
Perazzi MX2000 34” unsingle 0.031/34” Wilkinson o/u with a prosoft
1,691 Posts
Some folks still shoot local registered events where there aren’t scanners or computers. I always have my phone. I don’t always have my average card. Also, at big events, sometimes the computers break. This is a nice backup. Given the advances with the Grand this year, there is an opportunity to streamline and integrate presquad, classification and cashiering with an app like this…

· Registered
2,984 Posts
want to swipe my card
Remember life before plastic cards and magnetic swipe? That was a technology upgrade. You adapted to that from paper. Now it’s commonplace. You probably even like it. You obviously use Presquad. I’ll bet you like that better than standing in line. Remember life pre web based everything?

So why fight the change to an app? The rules always lag behind technology. In five years people will be selling their antique paper average cards on that online auction site. You’ll buy one and hang it on the wall as memorabilia.

It’s not as bad as the image in your head.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.