Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Dr. Longshot has the inside track, but he refuses to accept the position until the ATA confirms exactly when they changed the speed language from 3 dram to 1200 fps.

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
You'd be surprised what an Organization will pay...in exchange for an agreement not to sue.

Heck, we practically gave away our land in Vandalia, in exchange for such a promise.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Just assuming the two previous Executive Directors were under contract, and just guessing there was some type of severance package to go along with the contract? I'm sure they were fired for "just cause" and someday maybe we will find out what they may have been....perhaps they both left to pursue other business ventures???

Paul H
Imperial, PA

·
Registered
7,593 Posts
Perhaps they couldn't manage to do as they were told to do.

Bob Lawless

·
Registered
9,529 Posts
We owned a little land and leased a lot of land at Vandalia. We sold our +- 30 acres at Vandalia for a very favorable price that was greater than the market value. It was appraised by an independent licensed appraiser. The lead/pitch pollution on the land went 12 feet under the surface and we were excused from cleaning up all of it. The land was in an FAA designated runway clear zone that severely restricted future use of the land. We were allowed to retain the use of the office/HOF building that is taller then allowed by the FAA. The EC did an outstanding job in liquidating our land in Vandalia.

We had polluted land, there was only one potential purchaser of the land and the potential purchaser had the authority to condemn the land and seize it through eminent domain. Under this stress, the EC sold it at a price a bit above market value. Great job.

Pat Ireland

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Huhh.. Learn something new every day. I did not know that the ATA actually owned a bit o'land in the old homegrounds. I was under the impression that it was all leased ground. Too bad we can't own all 100% of the current ground we are using. I know, not all would agree... I'm the first to admit when i've learned something i did not know. Thanks guys.---Matt

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
jbbor - please explain - please cite available reference material, not gun club stories. 2 thousand acres is more than 3 square miles so I would think an offer saying "this is free to the ATA" would have made the minutes of one of the many relocation meetings. I do not recall any documented offers that were "free" other than the use of Sparta.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.