Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at wenigs new american stock for CG top single does anybody have any advice? And how did it work compared to the standard CG stock?

·
Registered
600 Posts
I have two I like them mainly because when the stock maker puts it on the gun I get a custom fit that is worth a lot to me. Tom

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Are you considering getting a do-it-yourself stock, which is 90% inletted or would you go to Wenig's in Missouri to be fitted and have them make the stock (and forend?)?

The New American has an offset comb, which many shooters find helpful because it often eliminate the need to tilt the head toward the stock to horizontally align the eye with the rib.

For that reason, shooters can shoot facing targets more directly, which is good because it does not hamper swings in the direction opposite of the gun mount - to the left for a right-handed shooter. That is often necessary when shooters shoot their shotguns like a rifle, with the shoulders nearly aligned with the direction of the shot. Shooting like that invites arm-swinging the gun rather than swinging using upper-body rotation at the waist and hips, powered by the legs to move the gun laterally.

Rollin

·
Registered
613 Posts
I have shot a Wenig Harlan Campbell style for 5 years. That style is not shown on Wenig's web site. It has some offset than the American style. You may want to check one out.

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
It's Jimmy, or Jim, or even, JC..lol

It's an '96 vintage, 18.4, I believe that was a Trulock EF that I modified to .028.

It's got a Wrights .032 in it now

1 - 9 of 9 Posts