Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting new shell. Supposedly you can see where you shot.

http://www.americanhunter.org/articles/winchester-aa-traacker-shotshells/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
I'm not sure I want anybody to see how bad I'm missing.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Great !!!! A mission for Downrange and Whiz White to be able to roll our on loads.. I have lots of 4H shooters that would be a great training aid to start them off and then gradually move to a regular wad.
My eyes are not what they use to be.. cant hardly see the shot string anymore to help the youth to get a sight picture..

What yall think???

·
Premium Member
10,532 Posts
In the past I don't think "tracer loads" helped train shooters very much. Too inconsistent. Maybe these will be better and could be used to promote trapshooting on TV. Coupled with the use of the 'flash' targets it would be a cool visual display. Hope they work.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Doesn't look like they are going to be inexpensive. ($12.49 at Midway)Downrange and Claybuster, or maybe BP, need to work on something like this without stepping on the patent. Kind of like loading your own spreader loads, compared to buying them already made. Mark

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
I was trying to get more info on these from the Winchester site but all I get is the "running horse". What I wanted to see was, since it is listed as # 7 shot, if it might be steel shot. #7 in steel is equivalent to #7 1/2 in lead. I can't see them coming out with a #7 lead shot when they are trying to hit the target shotgun ammo market.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I suspect these suffer from a lot of random error downrange (i.e., the range at which your shot hits the bird. I'd want to see pattern board tests at 35yds to judge whether they are consistently in the center of the pattern. Also, that wad is going to be far behind the shot cloud so forget about using it to judge lead.

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
I think I'll buy a couple of boxes (when available) and try them out with my new Shotkam. That should be interesting... I wonder who will make the first clone's for reloaders? Any guesses?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Did you notice the military example of tracers in the video. It looks like WW2 footage of paratroopers being shot out of the sky. Poor taste I think.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.