Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Vendor
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is something that has been in the works for some time, but is very close to the market.

It is a prototype two piece top lever from Giuliani that will make broken top lever fixes cheaper.

The shaft is one piece and the lever is another, they will be mechanically attached. If the shaft slot wears or you break the top lever shaft, simply replace the shaft part and not the whole top lever.

Engraving will be available on top levers just like we do now for those who want something special.

I expect delivery of parts to me in September of this year. Watch this space or my website for availability:
www.donrackleygunparts.com

Don

2 pc top lever.JPG

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Do top levers break often? Not many Perazzi shooters at my club. So I'm not familiar with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MD,

I have seen 2 broken top levers, and heard of a few others. The Perazzi top lever will break when the gun is shot a lot well after the locking block should have been replaced.

The top lever breaking usually means the gun is out of commission for the rest of a shoot. I keep a top lever in stock, just in case and replaced one this past July at our State Shoot.

Don

·
Vendor
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
iacar,

With a one piece toplever, if it is engraved and it breaks, it is a very expensive replacement. I sell new toplevers for $255, so even for a non engraved toplever, it's not a cheap fix.

As I mentioned, the pic shown is a prototype, final configuration is not determined. on higher grades, the toplever is fully engraved and yes, those cost more. With the two piece toplever, only the shaft must be replaced, and that will be cheaper than replacing the whole toplever.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts