Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had the update done to their K80? This fix will allow one to shoot program shells that have damaged the pins due to puncturing of the primer. (Kemen-Gun Club etc.)Sending mine to Krieghoff Monday and just curious.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's what mess up the firing pins. This new fix stops the piercing.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i spoke with their service department last week on updating my K80 to allow shooting all types of shells. He referenced a 2 piece firing pin that is updated to solve the earlier referenced issues. It is 1/2 mm shorter than what is currently in my gun. I didn't know their pins were of the 2 pc design prior.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I had them changed at San Antonio in oct..... 1st,3rd,and 4th.....punched through .....called them up and told them it diid'nt work......they know they have a problem.....the pins are too small in diameter ....the other problem are the makers of the primers .....they are trying to cut cost....as a result the materials being used are thinner.....I just use rem. or win. When I shoot the k-80s
My seitz and lujtic ars don't puncture because of the large diameter pins....good luck, but don't expect much! I do hope it will work for you though....

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
53 years (1959) of manufacturing Krieghoffs; all of a sudden, the firing pins are too small. Amazing.

Mike

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The problem is finding AA-GM or STS at the sporting shoots. They all carry the program shells with hard primers.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's a great tip, however i don't reload the 12 gauge, i shoot new shells, and all but the Premium ones listed above have hard primers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.