Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got these in very very nice German Manufactured full sized 1911 style 22 caliber pistols, 10 shot, wood grips , cut checkering, ambidextrous safety!, Adjustable light weight trigger, skeletonized hammer 5" barrel length, white night type sights, goes to slide lock after last round fired! Works and shoots just like your .45acp. These are manufactured by American Tactical Imports. Now here is the best part this gun comes with a LIFETIME REPAIR/REPLACEMENT Warranty!!! taken care of our wholesale distributor right here in the good old USA in Arizona! You really can't go wrong here these are just a few bucks more than a 22cal conversion kit and only one out there goes to slide lock, most of them will only run on premium ammo. You can get one for $360.00 shipping and insurance included to your FFL! If I'm out when you order no big deal we are constantly getting them back in. Magazines are available at $36.00 each and they are metal not cheap plastic stuff. PM if you would like any further info I'd be glad to help you out! ONLY $360 Note! Illinois FFL's will need to send Resale Tax Certificate also.

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The frame and slide is Aluminum not zinc, As Silverbullet brought up the Chiappa brand we cant get them here in Illinois because they have too low of a melting point so they cannot be sold here, I suspect but do not know for certain that they may be the "Zinc" material you ask about.

For the money I was impressed with it and intend on using mine in the .22 class steel challenge matches! I shoot a Kimber Grand raptor 2 and a STI GrandMaster so my dress codes pretty high on my competition guns!

I think most would be well satisfied with these firearms.

·
Registered
711 Posts
How can they sell those junky Raven .25 pistols here in Illinois, but not these pistols? Are they trying to say that a Raven is made with better materials than these German pistols?

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rodbuster,
Go back and look at my answer I was stating that the Chiappa brand we cannot get and sell because of melting point, not these ATI guns as I have advertised here.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Chipmaker, I believe I looked at one of these at a gunshow last week. I think it was from the same company, but it had plastic grips and a nonfunctioning suppressor. Does the gun you are selling come in that configuration?

Thanks,
Steve

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes they do come in that configuration but they are out of stock right now. Cost on those are $390 shipped when they get them back in stock.

·
Sky Buster
4,211 Posts
My dealer here in Minnesota advises the ATI 1911 pistol
cannot be sold in Minnesota. It does not meet the temperature
melting point requirment. The two he had in stock were sent
back to the distributer.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Thank you for the info chip, I have read some good reviews on these pistols on other forums. The price on these pistols is so close to the price of a conversion kit, that you are better off buying the pistol. Are these made by GSR, and do they have threaded barrels also?

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
I looked at one of these today. Pretty descent gun and should make a great plinker. My dealer sells the wood gripped model for $309. They have them in stock so I may have to go get one tomorrow.

ss

·
Registered
147 Posts
Here is a good article I came across that briefly mentions melting point laws but gives the reasoning behind them and other gun control laws. It gives a history of the motives for gun control laws and their racist roots.

James Allen

·
Sky Buster
4,211 Posts
I believe the melting point in Minnesota is either
300 or 350 degrees. The law is aimed at the "cheap" guns made of
so called "pot metal" Just another example of politicians
passing "feel good" laws.

·
Registered
25,284 Posts
What is the thread on the threaded barrel model?

·
Registered
440 Posts
I have one and it is super fun to shoot. You can interchange about 80% of the parts from a standard 1911. It is almost identical. You can drop 10 22 rounds in about 2 seconds. Mine actually shoots pretty well. around a 2-3" group at 10 yards or so.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.