Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Sponsors a Reloaders for Youth Program
11,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New neighbor has a regular snow shovel and was getting the job done when I did my driveway in half the time with my double wide. He joked with me that he felt inadequate.

Next time it snowed he used his new Snow Joe iON which his father purchased for him as a house warming gift for $400. It did a nice job, but I'm sure my 36 inch wide snow shovel can still beat his 18 inch electric.

While I'm a bit infatuated with all electric yard machines, I also have him beat on the price. My double wide came free with my house. Old owner retired, moved South and didn't need a snow shovel at all.

Check out this ManPlow from Meijers. $70

Ace has a 48 incher for ten dollars more.

Fun in the burbs

·
Sponsors a Reloaders for Youth Program
11,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine won't work in heavy snow either. Will have to go back to a regular sized shovel. Hah!

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
It ain't no fun if ain't got an engine. Motors are neat but engines are like this living machine. Just something about hearing engines run that has been with me since being a kid and going with my dad to see his friends "hit n miss" engine collection. I have a whole collection of fully restored small gas engines from motorcycles(single and multiple cyclinder), go-karts, chain saws, weed whackers etc. on my shelves in the garage. No particular reason why any engine gets saved. In fact they are probably all for the most part very common engines. Seems I can't stand to see a gas engine hit the junk yard if it has even a thread of life left. I love that feeling when you get done rebuilding the engine and carb and it fires up again. Probably something wrong with me but I just like gas engines 2 or 4 stroke.

·
Registered
606 Posts
You can bring that "doublewide" up here to my driveway and see how it works out for you in 19" of snow. That 18" electric job might work on my deck.

ctreay

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
Mine has 23 hp., and four wheels. It does however take up more space in the garage.

·
Molon Labe
11,993 Posts
About 15 years ago my buddy and I went to the DFW airport surplus auction, they had a snow blower that fit on the front of the big Euclid trucks they had there, it had about 20 hours on the engine, can't recall the size of the Caterpillar engine on it but it was rated at 500 hp, I wanted to buy it so bad, but thank God my buddy was there to talk me out of it, but it sold for just a few hundred dollars

I talked to one of the airport fellas that was there and he said the FAA required them to have one at the airport at all times, he said this one had only been run to exercise the engine, but that didn't make any difference they could only keep it in service for 10 years then they had to get a new one

Man it broke my heart not to buy that thing, it still had shiny paint on it

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Garden pump sprayer, kerosene and a match will take care of that snow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts