Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there know of any published 1 oz or 1 1/8 oz loads with AA or Gun Club Hulls, TGT12 or Fig 8 wads, WST powder and Federal 209 (NOT 209A) primers? I ran out of Win 209 primers and have some of the old Fed 209s that I’d like to use up, but my books don’t list data for the old Fed 209s nor can I find any on Hodgdonreloading.com. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
And you're still around to talk about it... 👍
I have cross checked old ;loads both ways from Sunday and there is no difference of any consequence between loads that use the component recipes that are the same except the primer difference between the WW209 and the Federal 209 (no A) Pressure and velocity are well within differences attributable to variation in the weather and instrumentation.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
The change from Federal 209 to 209A happened in the early 90s. There's data for a Fed 209 in place of W209 in some loads, in the older Lyman Handbooks.
There's no data for that primer swap with more recently introduced powders.
You could call Hodgdon or Alliant for advice, if you are nervous about a substitution.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I forgot to photo the 1oz. data for you. The copyright on this catalog is 1993. It is hard to believe that WST has been around that long. I have used the 18.5gr. / 1&1/8oz. load for years in both the WW and RP hull. Hope this helps.
Font Material property Parallel Wood Rectangle
Publication Shelf Wood Money Font

1 - 13 of 13 Posts