Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just received as a gift a nesco dehydrator and need a recipe to make
venison jerky. I looked a few up on line and there are so many different
versions that I was thinking that some of you might have a great recipe.Thank You
Pat Begley

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Cut the strips of venison and marinade in a mixture of 1/3 worcestershire Sauce:2/3 Soy Sauce, maybe add a little black pepper and some chopped garlic. Marinate overnight in a glass or plastic bowl, then pat dry the pieces with P towels, and add to the racks, if you like it spicy, this is the time to add some Tabasco or Chipoltle Tabasco, you can just rub it on, then dry it in your dryer. Place a 6 pack of Buds or better in the fridge and never look back....Frank C

·
Registered
87 Posts
Pat drop me an e-mail and I will send you directions for the most drop dead no brain venison jerkey you won't believe. Will make 5LB per batch and trust me when word gets out.....it will all be gone in 2 days!

Al

·
Registered
731 Posts
large bottle of soy good soy not the american stuff, 3/4 box brown sugar, 3 teaspoons salt, 3 teaspoons coarse ground pepper, 7 teaspoons crushed garlic, 3 teaspoons ground ginger, 5-6 tablespoons whostershire this will do up to 10 lbs of meat, marinate for two days stirring well twice a day. I have the largest Cabels dehydrater and do 20-25 lbs of meat at a time. If you are only going to do 5 or six lbs cut the receipe by about a third. I make 60 lbs of meat at Christmas and then through out the year. enjoy. Mike

·
Registered
126 Posts
Here you go, this is a no brainer. Mix in meat, let set overnight in the frige, cook in the oven at 250 degree's for 1 hour. Best jerky I ever had.

ol 12

·
Registered
51 Posts
Patnj,
This is an easy one and quite tasty.
1 1/2 Tablespoons garlic powder
1 1/2 Tablespoons garlic salt
1 1/2 Tablespoons black pepper (or 3 if you like it hot like I do).
1 1/2 cups soy or teriyaki sauce (or any combination of the 2 you want to try)Mix the sauce into the meat in a large salad bowl.Marinate over night and dry in a dehydrator or the oven on foil covered racks (turn once). You won't need to turn it in a dehydrator. I don't bother patting the meat dry and just let the sauce dry into the meat. This works for a large salad bowl of meat. Hope you like it if you try it. I'm going to try the above recipes to see how they all compare. Eat and shoot well.
Doug

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have been making venison jerky for about 30 years and the recipe varies a little each year but everyone that gets to eat it just goes on and on about how good it is.

The ingredients are

1-cup Soy Sauce
1-cup Worcestershire
1-tbsp Cayenne pepper
1/4 cup black pepper (course grind)
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
1 cup catsup
1/4 cup Lawry's seasoning salt
1/4 cup accent flavor enhancer/meat tenderizer
1/4 cup vinegar

All of these measurements are approximate, you don't have to be exact.

Mix well and in a med size soup pan bring to a boil, let cool and then marinate about 4 pounds of sliced and trimmed venison no more than 1/4 inch thick overnight in the refrigerator then put on the dehydrator for about 8-10 hours at about 150 (if yours has the fan in the bottom) if not your time will vary depending on how many trays you use.(make sure you cut off all the fat and all the Grissel or you will have /tough and not so good jerky)

Try it and let me know how you like it.

Clays

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for your help and all the recipes.
Bow hunter I sent you an email and it was returned
as no such address. My email is [email protected]
if you want to send it to me. Again thanks all. I will
try different recipes and let you know what my friends
think is the best.
Pat Begley

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
You cannot possibly judge your own work.....you will need to send samples the "judges"....putting beer in the fridge now....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The first batch is marinateing in fridge now. It will go into the
dehydrator tomorrow. I will tell which recipe I used after it is done. I will
be using all the recipes I have, which is about 6.
Thanks again.
Frank- email me your address. my email is in the above post.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Pat e-mail address is correct as is above. Contact Con Yeager Spice Co 1-800-222-2460 tell them you want Hickory Jerkey Mix their item #2277. This packet will make 2 individual 5lb batches. Mix according to their instructions. I grind all my meat mixing 3lbs of venison and 2 lbs of pork from pork chops. Using jerky shooter onto dehydrator racks 4 hours at 175 all done.

Al

·
Registered
10 Posts
JERKY RECIPE

3 lbs of very lean meat cut in strips 1/8” thick 1”wide or what ever fits in your smoker or dehydrator. Marinate in refrigerator for 12-24 hrs.

1 cup - Soy Sauce Low Salt
2T - Worcestershire sauce
1 cup - Teriyaki Sauce
1T - Black Pepper
1T - Onion Powder
2T - Garlic Powder
2T - Lemon Pepper
2T - Liquid Smoke
2cups - Water
2T - Black Strap Molasses
8T - Brown Sugar (or to your own taste)
2T - Dried onion bits
IF you like it hot and spicy add some red peppers and more black pepper!!

HAMBURGER JERKY

For 95% Lean Hamburger I order the mix from : American Harvest
(or what ever ground meat you choose) 4064 Peavey Road
Chaska, MN. 55318

Phone: 800-288-4545
They will sell the season packets in box’s of 10 or 25 and each packet will make 1 pound of burger into jerky and includes the curing salt. I usually do
3 – 6 pounds at a time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.