Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had an old friend bring his hunting gun, an old A500 browning by with a broken extractor. He has little money and I loaned him an 1187 to get through. Checked Numrich and they were $12.75 but out of stock. Searched the net and found one at Midwest gun works,$39.95 .... So with no other option I ordered it at 3 times the price. Then there $7.50 USPS standard shipping charge when the small Priority box is $5.60 made me a little POed. Just venting. Jeff

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
I know what you mean. Hope that helps.

EVERYTHING pos me anymore. I don't know if it is because I'm getting older, making a quarter of what I did 10 years ago, etc... but about everyplace I go I get ticked off about something. EVERYTHING is out of sight in my estimation. I don't go or do anything because if I do I will just get ticked off. LOL

·
Molon Labe
11,992 Posts
It is very frustrating and I am like Bisi, it seems like every time you try to do something you get screwed somehow

·
Banned
4,288 Posts
BISI
"I don't know if it is because I'm getting older, making a quarter of what I did 10 years ago, etc... "

Union membership is at a 90 year LOW.....Do you see? Do you get it??

GS

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, when I got the part 10 days later,they shipped it in a little bubble wraped envelope that cost $3.25. What a crock! At $5.60 in a Priority envelope and I would have had it in 3 days during Duck season, and they still would have made money on shipping. No more from them for me. Jeff

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
No body ships at what the postage costs anymore.

They try to offset some of the price of the hired help and transportation if they drive it to the Post office themselves. Some places have gone crazy with the Shipping and handling charges. Sportsman Guide put three shirts in a big envelope that had a $1.72 stamp on it. They charged over $15 S&H charge on my bill.

As far as the price, anyone can ask any price they want. Your power is in the acceptance or denial of the deal. You accepted their stated terms. You really cannot be mad at them. If you want fast shipping, you have to ask for it.

I am in bad health today, partially because I was easily offended. Stress does more to damage your heart than a lifetime of eating double bacon cheeseburgers. Is your heart health worth damage over $3.00? You have to pick your battles. With the exception of the government, The cost of my first heart attack was a whole lot more than all the money I have ever been upset about loosing to merchants.

·
Registered
14,903 Posts
Why did you make the deal if all you are going to do is bitch about it? Ya knew beforehand what it was gonna cost didn't ya?

Sounds like my ex old lady, just need something to bitch about...

GneJ

·
Molon Labe
11,992 Posts
Hippie you were lucky, at least your ex needed something to bitch about, mine would bitch for no reason at all

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
I've been ordering more from Brownells lately. Their prices have become more competitive since they've dumped dealer pricing, and their shipping costs are better than most other sellers.

I've ordered from MGW for Browning Buckmark parts. Sometimes they beat Brownells and sometimes they don't. I would like to order a Browning 1885 stock, but last time I looked it was priced like it was one of a kind exhibition wood. I can have a semi-fancy stock made to order cheaper.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Bigbore, maybe Numrich just dropped the price to $12.75 after they sold their last one. I own a gas station and on the rare times that I run out, I always drop the price down to a Buck a gallon. Mike

1 - 20 of 20 Posts