Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help determining the value of an S&W Model 12-2 Airweight with a 2" pinned barrel. I bought this gun new in the early 1970s and it has not been shot very much - MAYBE a box of shells and they would have been mild wadcutter loads. The checkered Magna grips and bluing are nearly perfect.

Thanks for any input you guys can offer.

Ed

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Ed the Smith book says about $300 but I can tell you from experience that is LOW. The last 12-2 2" nickel finish I sold went for $475 without a box. These are very definitely niche guns and IF you find a collector who wants this one to fill a void you can expect to get ~$450 if you take it to your local dealer or gun show you may get a $350 offer.

There is a S&W forum where you can find out more. I posted the link above.

Hope this helps

--- Chip King ---

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chip. The S&W Forum does not permit threads like this one - they consider it "fishing" for a buyer. Once I decide upon a price, I will post an ad in their classified section.

Ed

·
Registered
10,448 Posts
Go to the proper section of S&W Forum , show a few pics, and ask what it is worth. Get ready for some serious tire kicking and know-it-alls who don't know squat. Just ignore them, set on a price, and list it on the Classifieds.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would post it on the S&W Forum (either one) for $400 plus shipping. If no takers you can always reduce the price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.