Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shoot with a guy that shoots a newer BT with an adjustable factory stock. He wants to put a mercury reducer in it but doesn't know how to get the pad off. There is an adjustment screw going through the pad but we couldn't see holes for the pad screws. What's the secret to get the pad off? Thanks, Bulge.

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
More than likely there is slits in the pad that are very well fit together, so they are hard to see. Dip the screw driver in Vaseline then probe the area where the screws would most likely be. The older models I believe had slotted screws. The newer models I don't know. The Vaseline stops the pad from getting torn up when turning the screw. Jon

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Put your thumbs on each side of the pad just off the midline and press down. The slit will open for you. Even the ones you can see open the same way.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Look up an owner's manual at www.srevespages.com. You should be able to see what kind of screws your dealing with.

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
I do not have a dog in this fight but I would like to say Thanks Ken. For a gunsmith or business owner to give free advice on here is awesome. GunDr does this too. You guys are great. I certainly would not hesitate to use you for work

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.