Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new 390 and it does not have a shim set in the box. Anyone have a extra? I need more drop on the stock. I have to press down hard with my face to see down the barrel. Just not comfortable. Jackie B.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have 390s with both wood and synthetic stocks. They appear to be identical and I have swapped shims between the two kinds of stocks with no problems.

Mark

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The shim in the gun is set at c-65 DX. What setting gets you more drop? On the opposite side of the shim I just found out that it says C-50 DX. What is the difference? I'm not where I can take it off and try it right now and hoped there was a simple explanation. Thanks for your help. Jackie B.

·
Supporting Vendor
9,952 Posts
Is the "65DX" facing upward? If so, like EuroJoe says, you're maxed out with the factory shims.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks EuroJoe and Joe. That was what I was afraid of. I know that it doesn't take a lot to make more drop so will figure something out. On gun trader website someone posted that some guns were sold that had shims that were incorrectly marked. At any rate I will figure out something. Jackie B.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts