Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I normally use Cheddite primers mainly because of their price. Just recently I've notice that the price of them has gone up quite a bit, in fact some places are now selling them for the same price as Winchesters. Maybe not new to the market but a brand by the name of American Target seem to be taking Cheddite's place as the low cost primer. Does anybody know anything about them, such as dimensions, load data, and what main stream brand they compare to.

Thanks in advance

· Registered
2,610 Posts
Mike Graf of Graf Reloading told me that the American Target line of shells and primers were made for Crow Shooting Supply. Crow and Brownell's got together (maybe a merge or buyout) and they no longer wanted the American Target line so they were discountinued. The primers are supposed to be made by Cheddite. I have loaded at least 5000 of them and probably 20,000 Cheddites and they both work fine. I would buy either one. Mike was selling the American Target primers for about $99 for 5000 at the Grand last year. I am sure they went up though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.