Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Would like to see pictures of hit but unbroken clay targets.

That is, thrown targets with one, two, three, or more pellet holes in them but which landed unbroken.

Appreciate it.

·
Registered
507 Posts
As soon as I saw the heading for this post I thought: "we're going to see some champion targets!" I wasn't disappointed.

To save a few bucks some local clubs started throwing these at ATA events. It was OK at the 16 yard, but handicap was a joke. You could see lots of dust, even targets changing direction after being hit. Just amazing. BB's just bounce off the smooth dome.

One formerly quite popular club, that always had a dozen or so squads, soon dropped to around 2 squads per event once the word was out. Last I heard they were planning on switching back to White Flyers.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
One of our club members spent an evening at the grand years ago walking around the fall area looking at targets with holes. He brought one back to prove his point ..it had five holes and four or five scrapes and didn't break. I guess they all have their hard spots if you look far enough. That was before they tried the Champion targets..those, as I rewmember were like cement..if I remember right they took them out after a limited tryout and replaced them with White Flyers. Neil, correct me if I'm wrong.

Big Jack

·
Registered
14,697 Posts
I have a champion target in my office that sat on the trap arm during a hot, humid week. It was bowed a 1/4" from it's own weight.

We don't need the 30 yard line, just shoot Champions!

·
Registered
545 Posts
All sorts of birds with shots in them sitting on the field. They are whole with like 7 shot holes in them.

Take a walk around at the trap club after a shoot. Walk out in the field, when they are done shooting.

It will surprise you.

I don't take pics, i just stomp them so they do not mess up the mower blades. We mow our trap field.

Kenny U

·
Registered
693 Posts
I hope it was not your 50th target after 49 smoke balls! The guys still ask me what comes after 49. If they are laughing at me they are not laughing at someone else. lol Glenn

·
Registered
226 Posts
Shooting doubles one day with champion targets, I hit the 1st bird so hard it wobbled, had a huge puff of smoke come off, but never broke. My squad mate says it bounced when it the ground. I haven't been back to that club since, I hope they change back to WF. Steve

1 - 14 of 14 Posts