Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I need a good load for the shootoffs I want a load #6shot 1 1/4 oz going at 1450fps or higher If anyone has a receipe please let me know Thanks Don

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have tried a lot of recipes over the years and the best is: New Winchester International Pigons 7 1/2s Many a turkey has fallen to these.

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
If you are man enough to handle that kind of load:

Federal hull
win 209 primer
37.5 gr Blue Dot
RP12 wad
1 1/4 oz #6s or #4s

·
Registered
829 Posts
Federal Paper Hull, 19.5 grains of 4756, Winchester Red Wad, 1 7/8 #4 copper

Just be sure to lead it a bit...

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
21/4 ounce of #71/2 shot over an alcan pgs with alcan fiber wad. 58 grains of alcan AL-8. Include a plastic quick sert for shot protection. Oh, by the way that was in my double 31/2" ten guage almost 40 years ago. Kicked the snot right out of you though.

·
Registered
723 Posts
LONGSHOT/UNIQUE/ or PB powders......watch for fliching as ALWAYS. PB is the
SOFTEST.More of a SHOVE than a PUSH. Remmber TOO...that at that speed there will be LOTS of HOLES in your pattern.

·
Registered
737 Posts
22 grs Green Dot/REX II, FTL-1 wad, FED 209A primer and 510 grs. hard #7 1/2 1270 fps and deadly as far as you can hit them. BRGII PS Federal Paper hull.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I have to second Hoosier Daddy on the 32grs of 4756. You could substitue the wad he recommended with a Win F114 in a Federal hull. Another alternative I like is using the same powder charge with a Versalite wad and 1 1/8 of 5's or 6's. I don't believe much is to be gained with more shot.

Robert

·
Registered
572 Posts
You didn't say how far out in the parking lot we are going. I like Blue Dot when we move back or if I'm 4th or 5th shooter. I do pretty well for an old cripple. GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
158 Posts
here's my favorite Annie's... Load. 17.5 grains Clay's powder, Windjammer wad, W209 primer, ounce and an eighth of 7.5 shot. Been pickin' the boomers out of the line for the last year with this little hummers... You don't need anything above 1200FPS for these games. Others will disagree I'm sure. OH!! forgot to mention, I shoot the same load in singles too...

·
Registered
442 Posts
27.5 gr. 800X 1 1/2 oz. of hard #5 shot - Federal hull and Winchester #209. Good for 100 plus yards if put in the right spot. If the wireguy is from San Diego area, I think he has seen this load at work at the Kern County Gun Club. Penn's load is too fast for #6 shot. 5's or 4's would hold together much better.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.