Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is no one size fits all (other than clear)...

But which color would be best for most situations?

David

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know there is no one size fits all (other than clear)...

But which color would be best for most situations?

David

·
Premium Member
11,865 Posts
Another vote for clear.

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
I have the V-light and light yellow. I am going to get a set of clear which I think I sould have got for the first pair.

Bill

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
I agree with using clear for all your indoor trapshooting. If however, you plan on doing any outdoor shooting, medium bronze is a good all around color which highlights the target.
I'm planning to get a set today myself.

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
I shoot better with my regular perscription glasses. I have RX shooting glasses in purple and yellow from Ranger. My regular glasses are clear. So take that information for what it is worth. I believe as stated above that when our sight starts to go, we need more light in our eyes to focus. Sunny days can be hard on the eyes after long periods of time. I just put sunglasses on when I am not shooting. Jon

·
Registered
796 Posts
I think it all depends on the back ground in which color is most beneficial.But as I age I use the yellow lenses more than any.Especially with any shadows present.On a good bright day I like the red lenses,or Vermilion Ranger calls them.

Sandy Holehouse

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Dk.Purple works good for me on bright days. As Sandy pointed out, its important to match with the background as thats the way they are designed.

Matt

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
I have Lite Target Orange (almost a clear) for overcast days but if I wear em in bright sunlight I will squint too much. I use either V-Lite or Vermillion for the bright days.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Spring for the extra and get 3 sets. I don't know how many times I have gone through all three in one day as the light changed. I have yellow and 2 different shades of purple. Only thing I would add is a clear for night shooting.

HJH

·
Registered
219 Posts
i used the med vermillion for years but wanted something lighter for cloudy days and at night. the light vermillion did not work for me so my decot dealer suggested that i try what she called a [shade & a half] which is between the lightest and the med color. decot will do this on any order. i am due for another eye exam if my eyes change it will be my third set ordered this way.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.