Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone KGun oriented have reference material they cant point me to that explains the stock types and dimensions...will be looking to put different wood on a standard step rib K80 unsingle combo...and need to know the differences between the # types and what "low" and "high" Monte Carlo entails...don't want to mistakenly get trap special wood and don't want to be looking at the rear og the top latch either...thanks in advance

·
Registered
823 Posts
There's the 1a Monte Carlo that's 1 3/8; and the 1b Monte Carlo that's 1 5/8 drop at comb.

A couple different sight-searches will help - plus the one mentioned by Coach.

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys..then I'm supposing for a guy who prefers high shooters that the high MC would work best with the shooter who prefers the adj ribs usually most lowered in the front...do they usually all have palm swells? and any specific cast that must be checked or can I assume neutral unless specified??

·
Banned
10,106 Posts
calvinMD, you're already confused. The K-80 standard ribbed gun does not move when the impact is adjusted. The barrel actually flexes. All you need to do is pick a stock with an 1 3/8" drop at comb as that is the highest available. That little wheel at the end of the barrel does all the rest.

Besides, I have exactly the stock you need for that body type of yours. In my possession is a Krieghoff factory All-American stock with high dimensions and offset. PM if interested!!

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Ollie..I PMd you...am getting a 34/30 unsingle combo...it has a really pretty adjustable monte carlo stock on it but has had a "HalfTouch" installed...looks great fits beautiful BUT we all know from my ramblings I just cant shoot recoil devices because I cant not collapse them upon mounting...so that set will be going up for sale soon and that so I can purchase a unmodified set that I can enjoy getting thumpd by ;)

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ALSO,,..somebody 'splains to me howz duz d O/U barrel hanger number sytem work..will want bottom barrel of O/U to shoot around 80%

·
Registered
823 Posts
The height of the comb is dictated mostly by the shape of your face, as well as POI, and sight picture preference. That's stuff you'll have to sort out yourself, or with a fitting coach.

If you like a higher POI on the lower barrel than the top, you go with lower number hanger; as in #1 or #2. Something to experiment with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts