Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need pricing info for a Beretta 680 with 28" barrels and fixed if and mod barrels. The gun is pristine. I just need to know what a fair price to offer him is. I cannot find a recent auction or ad where one has sold so please Ts.com your my last option. Thanks.

·
Registered
13,625 Posts
$1000 to $1200.

28" barrels aren't in demand, and fixed chokes aren't in demand. Both will hurt the price of the gun.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will other 680 series barrels fit on the 680 receiver? I am reading mixed comments and would like to know before I potentially buy the gun. Thanks.

·
Registered
13,625 Posts
Everything but the 685, that was an extractor only model.

There are/were 2 different frame sizes. The 680 is the wider of the two. If you put a smaller frame size set of barrels on, the monoblock will be slightly smaller than the action. This is only a COSMETIC issue, and will not in any way shape or form effect the function or safety.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would it be worth having it threaded for chokes? Would that effect the ability to use subgauge tubes. I am mainly looking to use it for skeet and sporting clays. Thanks for all the great info guys.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The 680 barrel will only accept thin wall chokes from someone like Briley. There is not enough barrel for extended chokes on the 680. I bought a 682 sporting barrel already threaded and had fitted to my 680 receiver. The 682 E is just a smidge narrower barrel, borrowed one several times that fit my 680 and it performed very well.

Newb

·
Registered
13,625 Posts
You're looking at $429 plus shipping both ways (so call it $500 for a round number) for briley to screw choke both barrels.

You're better off investing that $500 toward a gun that already has screw-chokes, if you want/need screw chokes.

Kolar can put subgauge tubes into a fixed choke barrel because of their tube/choke design, I don't think Briley will be able to without at least opening the fixed chokes up somewhat to accommodate the subgauge tubes. Either that or you have to short tube the barrels (tube them to where the constriction starts, instead of tubing them flush with the muzzle).

If you really want subgauge tubes, you're better off buying a gun that already has them. You should be able to pick up a tubed silver frame 682 for around $2k. A set of tubes is going to run you at least $1600 + or - by the time you're done, so you're getting a gun and case for $400 basically.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts