Trapshooters Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Limbsaver or kickezz either one works great. If you want to be able to shoot all day and not feel like it at the end a gracoil or sps recoil reducer is the way to go stock has to be shortened but you only need a thin pad the springs do the work have one on all my guns for comp. Can't beat it for the price.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Pachmayr pad last for years, Kick Eze pad will tear come apart in less than a year. Pads weight on Pachmayr decelerator 2 oz and a Kick Eze is 6 oz. That's why I install Pachmayr pads.
I’m wondering if you are confusing Kick Eze with Gooey Pads. I have not had a Kick Eze “come apart or tear”. I find them to be the best combination of recoil reduction and durability.
Denny K.

·
Registered
986 Posts
So many good pads out there youre really splitting hairs..How it feels up against your shoulder when you mount/shoot is first.
kick eez would be my choice but they do react with some cases interior,pachmayer are more firm.
After that its the load you shoot/weight of your gun.Imho american factory loads are always spikey,save xtra lite AA.
the softest 1 1/8 ive shot was bornaghi with more of a push than whack.i could shoot that load with a wooden buttplate.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Gracoil reducer and pad is the way to go. Its a quality product that I have on trap guns. It really saves on the recoil and simple to adjust. I believe they are about $170 and worth every penny.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
A recoil pad by itself will not give you much relief from recoil. you need to go with a reducer like a Gracoil. My two cents worth. Regards, Bob

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Doc, do you know the guy that runs the 5 stand at the club? Name is Gary. Talk to him, he will steer you right. Yes, I know where you shoot, I saw your card on the board in the trap house. I will introduce myself the next time I see you.

Mike

·
Premium Member
4,493 Posts
Microcell, recommended by Tron and Wadhopper look no further! ( my opinion )
You are going to take a recoil pad recommendation from someone who bought more than 1 Tri-Star shotgun and bragged about them ? Tron maybe , but Wad ….jeeeeeezzzzzzzeeeee .

·
What squad am I on?
Lots of different guns...
7,767 Posts
You are going to take a recoil pad recommendation from someone who bought more than 1 Tri-Star shotgun and bragged about them ? Tron maybe , but Wad ….jeeeeeezzzzzzzeeeee .
Hurts, doesn’t it?

·
What squad am I on?
Lots of different guns...
7,767 Posts
Not in the slightest . I don`t have this black mark in my past to live with .
Not a black mark, skid mark maybe but I learned a lot (along with many others) and in the process helped a hell of a lot more people than I (and you) realized.

Reactions: phatkaw

·
Registered
61 Posts
I used the kick-eez dual action all purpose pad and I really like it. I’ve tried Pachmayr and I didn’t like it as well. Also, you can generally get kick-eez pads in thinner profiles than pachmayr.

i would say the pachmayr ground to shape better, but both were fine. I’d say the pachmayr seems more durable. The kick-eez was more comfortable (same recoil, easier to shoulder) even though it was thinner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts