Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my email with my wireless internet provider, and for a long time it has been great. Several months ago, they changed their format, and it has been a nightmare since, to say the least. For instance, 95% of my emails are 'content disabled', which you have unable the disable. 95% of my pictures cannot be sent or copied. I cannot even print those pictures. They are not all girlie stuff, but mostly church, lodge, family stuff. Horse pictures, and car pictures, grandkids etc. I need to change. I am looking at g-mail, and or hot mail. Any advice from you computer experts would be appreciated. Thanks, Charlie Henderson

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Contact your ISP and speak to their tech support dept to try and resolve the problem.

Eric

·
Registered
385 Posts
Charlie, you should have mentioned who your with ie yahoo etc. That's who I am with and the same thing happened to me that you described. One day I went on line and there was a whole new format to my email. When asking about it, I was told that I must have inadvertently authorised the new format and when I asked how I go about changing it back I was informed that "oh, once it's been changed over to the new and improved format, you can't change it back". I am moving along slowly trying to get used to it but I don't like it at all. I have a second email, GMAIL that is easier to use but I started with YAHOO and that is how most everyone knows how to get a hold of me. I am thinking about GMAIL but don't like their handing over of any info that big brother asks for. LATER.....BUD

·
Premium Member
18,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've tried that. They are not responsive. They answer alot of questions, but it doesn't fill my needs, or I'm computer illiterate. Thanks. Charlie

·
Premium Member
18,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live in the country. About 10 miles from Amarillo. West. My internet provider is AmaTechTel.com. It costs $47.00 a month. This is all that is available at my place. I have tried to talk to them, but it falls on deaf ears. I am about 40% deaf. No matter, it sucks. Their old format served me well. Change sucks.

·
Banned
21 Posts
Download a Speed Checker and see what your download speed is. If you are connecting wirelessly the speed will only be about 40% or less of what a wired connection will have. Nothing you can do about that.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Langener, it's not the speed for either of us, its the total changing of the format. My speed is just fine but my email page does not even look similar to what it did before. This format does not appear to have any advantages but does present disadvantages in relearning how to navigate it. It would be different if it were easier in some way but that is not the case. I am just getting somewhat used to windows 8 on my new laptop I didn't need more changes.

·
Molon Labe
11,990 Posts
Yeah Charlie you need to get that fixed, I haven't been able to pull up ay of the church pictures you used to send me (wink, wink) LOL

·
Premium Member
18,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea Cat, those church pictures aren't going thru, and I know and hear about it.LOL.

hera200- There was an article in today's WSJ, that said Google has beefed up their encryptology on their deals to where the NSA and China will have a harder time hacking their systems.

I'll probably change to Gmail pretty quick. Thanks for all of you guys help. Charlie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts