Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I purchased a new Beretta a400 with a kick-off. In order to insert the shims to get a better fit the kick-off unit must be removed. In the You Tube video from Beretta one is instructed to use a T15 torx screw driver to remove the kick-off. However, the housing in the kick-off it too small for any t15's I have found at local hardware stores or have in my possession to fit through to get to the torx screw.

Can anyone direct me to where I might find a t15 torx driver that has a slim enough shaft to fit through the housing of the kick-off? I contacted Beretta and they told me to go to my local hardware store.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I’ve bought torx drivers at my local Ace Hardware. They are long and slim like a screwdriver. Might check Lowe’s or Home Depot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
It takes a long wrench with the shaft the same size as the T15 head. I found a set at harbor freight which has the correct size wrench in it, Many torq drivers have larger shank with the end reduced for the head and these wtll not work.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Recently I purchased a new Beretta a400 with a kick-off. In order to insert the shims to get a better fit the kick-off unit must be removed. In the You Tube video from Beretta one is instructed to use a T15 torx screw driver to remove the kick-off. However, the housing in the kick-off it too small for any t15's I have found at local hardware stores or have in my possession to fit through to get to the torx screw.

Can anyone direct me to where I might find a t15 torx driver that has a slim enough shaft to fit through the housing of the kick-off? I contacted Beretta and they told me to go to my local hardware store.

Thanks for any help.
Thanks to all who replied. I will try the Harbor Freight set that was referenced. If that does not work I will grind the shaft of a t15 down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts