Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I have been posting on this site since 2010 as Hammer1 with 1,585 postings.

Recently had some computer issues, lost my saved password, and cannot remember it.

Have tried multiple times to recover my password by the normal means but never get the email to recover it.

Have checked spam, trash, etc inboxes. Not there.

Had to create a new account in order to post this request for help.

Would like to continue using my original user account.

Please help.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
This won't help the current problem but may prevent a similar occurrence in the future.

Use a password manager app to keep a record of your passwords and make sure that this PW App will allow you to make an exportable copy of the words and logins, security questions, security check photos, IP addresses, router info and other things you may need to retrieve some time in the future. The reason I say an exportable copy of the file is to allow you to put the exported copy on a flash drive or other media that is not on the actual computer. That way if the computer hard drive fails you still have the ability to get back your info on a new HD or computer after you reinstall the PW manager App. Obviously do not keep this flash drive backup in or near the computer in case of fire or such, keep it secured and not just laying around somewhere and keep the copy updated every so often. If you are in a make or break situation where the loss of the various passwords and such could kill your business, you may want to rotate two different drives on a regular basis so you are never more than a week, or whatever interval you need, away from your most recent additions.

The use of a PW manager also allows you to use a much more complex password with a different password for each place you need a password.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was not able to PM anyone since I could not log on before creating this new user account.

Will give it a try from this new, hopefully temporary, account.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"Reported" this thread.

Will see if that helps.

Sorry, but I don't know how to PM the Administrator

·
Premium Member
2,843 Posts
sent you a PM

click on my name and choose private message?? easiest way I know to send me a PM

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
OSOKILL isn't interested in helping you. He just likes to talk to manly men....and hopes he might find one who also loves show tunes, appreciates theater decor, and drools over bodybuilder photos.

·
Registered
18,650 Posts
You're a baaad, baaad, man Lit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts