Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Haven't seen any of those in years like the other poster said. Best bet would be to try the packets that last for a few hours. I have been impressed with how well they work and I think I saw a ten pack for four dollars the other day. Won't be out much to give it a try. Dan

·
Registered
7,593 Posts
REB try the web address above it is for a search of fuel sticks there is a whole page of them. All you have to do is know which one you want and you have it made. Good luck.

Bob Lawless

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Thats the trouble with the sticks as you call them, they are designed to burn out quickly and not last.
I still have 3 of the old fashioned hand warmers you fill up and they last for a day, Joney? in cold weather 30 to 40 below and use almost any liquid, but I guess its easier to throw away just like you throw away your money and your vote.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Rebel,

I have seen those here in PA recently, but can't remember where. I'll be hitting up the local gun shops soon and will keep an eye out.

I switched to the liquid JON-E. Love them.

·
Registered
7,593 Posts
I new they still made them. As I also have them, here in the NE we used to have what was called traveling winter league every couple of weeks we would go to a different club and shoot the format.

It took between 1 to 2 hrs to shoot so the sticks were perfect they never lasted more than 2 to 2.5 hrs so it wasn't waste full.

The Jon-e warmers that I have I could never keep burning they would go out from lack of air in the picket of my winter trap coat. Or I would light them get done shooting and they would be burning for the rest of the day thats just as big a waste as trying to use a 2 hour stick maybe more.

SL just because you see it one way doesn't mean other people don't see it or use it differently than you do. So do me a favor save the sermons for someone that gives a rats pitute.

Bob Lawless

·
Registered
163 Posts
Try this http://www.gr8gear.com/catalog/Camping-Outdoor-Gear/Hand-Warmers/Hand-Warmer-Refill-Fuel-Sticks/
Ken

·
Premium Member
4,177 Posts
i think dicks or dunhams has them. I bought the last ones at dunhams. motordoc. they were marked 1.59 for a package but is has been a while

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
If I do not use all the stick I dip the lit end in water to put it out and save to use later. I tried the fuel type first and did not like them. I prefer the sticks. To each their own.

Do NOT buy the red powder packets in Colorado. I did while skiing.....I had to take my socks off and wash my feet off in the cold snow to remove that stuff......Ray

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.