Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw shooting glasses that had the lenses behind the actual color lenses. It was actually two lenses. The back lenses was perscription and the front lens was colored. Who makes these. Thanks

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw them at the Pa shoot. prescription lenses in the back and color lenses which snap on the front.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These glasses you only use one prescription lens instead of three (three color lenses). You snap on color lenses outside and in front of prescription lens. Any web site?

·
Registered
323 Posts
What you saw were ther "Ranger Sporter" glasses.

http://www.morganoptical.net/pageDisplay.jsp?pageid=12961

However, the Ranger XLW has a system that most folks like better.

http://www.morganoptical.net/pageDisplay.jsp?pageid=13657

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Earl... Two things to caution you about regarding this particular set up. #1 is they are substantially heavier than regular glasses and they tend to make the nose a little sore over the long haul. #2 is they fog up easily. There is little, or no, air movement between the Rx lense and the color lense which causes condensation that is very hard to clear up. The concept is great, but, in reality, I have found Decot's to be a better way, FOR ME, to go. I would rather pay for a set of Rx lenses that are light weight and don't fog up all the time. In addition, the 2 lense systems are a bitch to shoot when it rains.. Just my experience... Dan Thome (Trap2)

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I've never had ANY fog problem with these Ranger RX Sporters. You can see there's plenty of space for air circulation.

The frame has an easily adjustable up/down nose piece, so can also be worn for every day use.
mtatom_2008_030310.jpg

mtatom_2008_030311.jpg

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
MTA Tom.. It's nice to know they work out well for you.... My own experience was just less than enjoyable, especially the weight issue and trying to shoot in the rain...... Dan

·
Registered
570 Posts
If you need some XLW Rangers I have them for sale, they are the best for what you want................ just order the RX part from morgan optical in new york

·
5,042 Posts
For Rx shooters, the two lens systems offer better impact resistance... CR39 plastic does not offer the protection of polycarbonate. I understand you can buy Rx in polycarb, but the optical quality is not as good...

regards all,

Jay

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.