Trapshooters Forum banner

Need Help In Finding Reputable Guide For Wild Quail!

1778 Views 17 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  peeshooter
I am looking to book a hunt with a full service guide who hunts wild quail only. I inquired with Bruce Buck about any wild quail hunting East of the Mississippi but he could not recommend any. So I am now looking to find one in the Western states. I will consider traveling to any state except CA due to their gun restrictions which would make it hard to travel there.

Anyone have a good referral? Thanks.

p.s. I am posting this on 2 other sites to try and get a referral or two.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Banned
3,880 Posts
I am looking to book a hunt with a full service guide who hunts wild quail only. I inquired with Bruce Buck about any wild quail hunting East of the Mississippi but he could not recommend any. So I am now looking to find one in the Western states. I will consider traveling to any state except CA due to their gun restrictions which would make it hard to travel there.

Anyone have a good referral? Thanks.

p.s. I am posting this on 2 other sites to try and get a referral or two.
Call these folks after you visit their web site.:
217-734-2526

· Registered
2,024 Posts

· Banned
3,880 Posts
In their FAQ's they recommend a preserve license for non-residents. I'm dubious they are shooting wild quail on a preserve license.
Give them a call and talk to them, pretty respectable bunch best I can tell. I got no skin in it either way.

Go one better, do a duckduckgo or google search for wild quail bird hunt plantations.

· Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did the search and found Mariposa in TX did wild bird hunts. I will call Heartland up and see what they say. I am only interested in wild bird hunts as anything else is readily available. Thanks for the help!

· Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you, Duck Nut. I was just hoping for a wild bird hunt but will consider Lightsey Ranch as an alternative. The other preserve quail places I have hunted in FL were a very poor approximation of what shooting wild quail is like. Thank you.

· Registered
2,055 Posts
Call these folks after you visit their web site.:
217-734-2526
I have hunted there and they were pen released birds. I also shot three triples in three days.
One might of been a quad with three shots as the third bird two fell at the shot and two retrieved.
Nice People and lodge but I did not hunt Wild Birds.

· Registered
4,494 Posts
I’d like to find a similar outfitter for quail in Arizona. My wife’s family is all in Phoenix. Hunted with her brothers a couple years ago, just one day. Flushed a couple quail but didn’t get any. I did get a gigantic bunny, though!

· Registered
60 Posts
I’d like to find a similar outfitter for quail in Arizona. My wife’s family is all in Phoenix. Hunted with her brothers a couple years ago, just one day. Flushed a couple quail but didn’t get any. I did get a gigantic bunny, though!
That was probably a jackrabbit. The ones with horns are called jackelopes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.