Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need your help. I recently picked up a used Hornady 366 reloader. I know nothing about these. First off, is it possible to remove shells to check powder charge? Second, how do I check to see which bushings are in it?

Thanks, Matt

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yes, you can disengage the pawl and rotate the base plate to remove a partial loaded shell form any station. Remove the charge bar and look at the shot and powder bushings. The powder bushing will be marked with a number which is the inside diameter. You'll need a manual to tell you how many grains of powder a given powder bushing delivers, since different powders weigh differently. Shot bushings are marked with the weight of shot.

The 366 is a good reloader, but there are many adjustments to set it up properly. The essential first step is to get a manual from Hornady.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did get a manual. This loader is very old, and the manual is does not explain well. What is the pawl? How do I remove the charge bar?

Matt

G

·
Matt,

Get a couple of empty containers to empty the contents of the bottles into. Then remove the knurled screw on the right hand side of the loader where the shot/powder bottles are mounted. Remove the screw at the rear left side of the the bottles. Then lift straight up on the assembly.

After dumping the contents into said container/s, remove slide to inspect the powder and shot bushings.

ec90t

·
Registered
91 Posts
The pawl is that little spring loaded thingy which advances the plate one station each time you pull the handle. #94 on the parts diagram.

Go to the site above.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.