Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the process of converting my 700 .223 ADL to a BDL. I have all the parts, but have a question for someone who has a .223 BDL.

The floorplate uses a small metal insert in conjunction with the magazine spring. This is only used on the 223. I can't figure out what the configuration is supposed to be b/w the spring and the insert.

If someone has a 700 BDL 223 and can snap me a pic of the floorplate showing where the spring and insert go, I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
14,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BB- THANKS! Exactly what I needed. I figured about 4 ways that little silver insert could go in, but none of them seemed right. Got it installed and I'm good to go.

Nice gun btw. Mine will be similar by the time I'm done with it. B&C stock?

·
Registered
14,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, but its likely the same barrel that came on my gun, and since I bought it brand new, it will probably be a long time before I need to replace it.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
There is a nice article in the latest Rifleman on the Remington 700.

I thought the ADL came with a blind magazine.

·
Registered
14,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I saw that article, which was part of the inspiration to purchase the gun.

The only difference b/w the ADL and the BDL is the ADL has the blind mag, and the BDL has the hinged floorplate. You can change the ADL to BDL by getting the hinged floorplate trigger guard, a new stock, and a couple other misc pieces.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.