Trapshooters Forum banner

Need Help, BT 99 Forearm

1544 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  arend003
I have a BT 99 High Grade with as you know it has the beaver tail forearm, well my issue is the screws in the forearm coming lose, Finally the forearm cracked, I can send it to Browning and it will disappear in the black hole. I was wondering if anyone has one for sale or has anyone had a Competion style forearm for the older model BT's fitted or made for the newer BT99 (2006).
Jim
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
827 Posts
I would have a local gunsmith with a good reputation for repairing wood look at it. If its not broken in half a qualified smith should be able to fix this without a problem.

Jason in PA

· Registered
2 Posts
I had a crack in mine from the same problem. I used a small pine wedge to open the crack. Only enough to use a small needle to spread gorilla glue in the crack. I clamped it over night to dry. Then I drilled out the screw and put in a threaded brass insert. Works as good as new.

· Registered
268 Posts
had the same issue with my forearm and the cure was a threaded insert and small machine screw hasn't come lose again in over two years now. As to the crack I can't offer any advise .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.