Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,758 Posts
Didn't know Beretta offered the A400 in 28 gauge.

Franchi also has a really pretty 28 gauge semi-auto.

Uh oh. Another choice to make!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I have a really lightly used Franchi al48 deluxe model in 28 gauge 26 inch barrel choke tubes and the box. I'd sell for 800.00 $. Less than 150 rounds through it. I know that's not what you asked about but here's just another obtain if your interested. If there was still qual around I wouldn't be interested in selling it.

·
Premium Member
11,758 Posts
Has anybody seen or shot the A400 28 gauge?

A 28 gauge semi-auto is one of the things I was going to give myself as a bonus when my assignment in South Africa comes to an end....someday.

The Benelli Legacy is nice, but only holds 3 rounds (not a deal-breaker.)

The Franchi Fenice is beautiful. Its a fancied-up AL48 in 28 gauge.

But if the A400 has more features and is a better gun, it might leap-frog the other two on my list.

·
Registered
14,695 Posts
Jaquas has a few A400 28 gauge guns. They weigh next to nothing.

And the worst part is you'll have to chase down those expensive empty hulls.

·
Premium Member
2,615 Posts
I've got a beretta 28 auto on the way from Murphy's Guns in Kansas. They have the best prices IMO. I saw them in Vegas and they are lightweight beauties. A much better deal then the Benelli. I'll,post a test report when the snow melts a bit.

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
I never bought a Beretta because of the location of the safety, to the front of the trigger whereas the Benelli has it to the rear which I'm used to.

·
Premium Member
2,615 Posts
Well my Beretta 28 arrived from Murphys and it is a fine looking shotgun. The extra grain treatment makes it very appealing visually. 5 1/2 lbs and feels good coming to the shoulder.I'lll adjust the drop and cast to suit me and give it a go this Sunday. The gas system looks to much simplified over the 391 configuration. More later!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts