Trapshooters Forum banner

Need help - 9000 H stuck

1631 Views 11 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  Steve12
I was loading away, all was well and then I heard a "pop" and all was not well. A shell is stuck in the squeezing stroke of the resizing collet and it won't release. I cleared the machine, bottles off, primer link disconnected and unhooked the arm thing underneath the right side. I have wiggled, twisted, pried, pleaded and cussed but It is STUCK! The chain link has tension on it so something is bound up inside. I used a long screwdriver and gently pried from the bottom but no movement. Before I start taking it apart, I thought I'd ask for advice. Thanks!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
36,909 Posts
You can gently tap the link with a small mallet or screw driver handle and it may pop up. Time to remove collet assembly. Remove dirt and shot between the fingers of the collet, throughly clean with solvent, lube and reassemble. Not only does shot get down inside of it, powder and lube makes a gummy residue that prohibits smooth operation.

Reactions: ezz555

· Registered
140 Posts
I had an almost identical problem about 1 month ago. Like someone already mentioned if you gently tap the link it should pop up and release the shell. Then MEC has instructional videos online that can help you through removing and cleaning the collet. I hope that helps.

· Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Check the left brace that connects the top rising turret that mounts to the base of the machine. This is a very poor design that Mec should have already corrected. If the left brace is only slightly bent it will keep the machine from going all the way up to battery.

· Registered
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Which 800, I have two? Rode has 12!

Got the 9000 thinking to extend the life of my shoulder but the loader is turning into a POS! It's got MEC stumped and they want me to send it to them for a total reman. They won't be fixing stuff at Sparta so I might send it in, or I might dump it. I havent decided yet.

· Premium Member
8,028 Posts
Which 800, I have two? Rode has 12!

Got the 9000 thinking to extend the life of my shoulder but the loader is turning into a POS! It's got MEC stumped and they want me to send it to them for a total reman. They won't be fixing stuff at Sparta so I might send it in, or I might dump it. I havent decided yet.
Dang bad t.timing before a big shoot. Been there done that. Hopefully you got it repaired.
Steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.