Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

need advise on mx2005

3K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  acss 
#1 ·
i am debating on purchasing o/u with taller adjustable rib. currently shooting a 687 etchen o/u with slightly taller rib! also shoot a 90T har with a very comfortable feel. what are your thots on a mx2005 o/u 32" w/ adj. rib? maybe i am not looking hard enuf but i see more mx10rs or mx2008(?) in the range racks. that "tall" rib on the 2005 looks like the ticket for a good view!

#2 ·
mia- i agree but what concerns me is i just dont see many? what wud be the down side vs the mx10rs? is the mx15 rib even taller? resale vs other perrazi's

#3 ·
acss,

The reason you don't see many MX2005 guns is that they are only a couple of years on the market. Some people realy like the high rib.

The MX10RS and MX2000 have been for sale for 8 to 10 years, many more have been made.

Resale % will be about the same, I think.

Don Rackley

#4 ·
acss, I'd suggest you consider additional parameters. The three guns you mentioned have significantly different feels. If you like swinging a 90T, a Perazzi is going to feel like greased lightning. Your Beretta is in between.

You haven't said why you want a taller rib, so it is hard to advise you.

#5 ·
i wud agree on the differance on "feel" of each differant gun. the 90tHAR has a nice pull up feel particularly since i moved the backend up w/ adj recoil pad. its taller rib has my head up! the 687 o/u seems quicker to the target with a lil lower head position. what i am trying to accomplish is an o/u for all??? ( i dont think i'm cheap) . i like shooting a 80/10 poi. and feel like i am raising my head on straight aways hence the tallest rib?

#6 ·
Hello all, while we are on the subject of the Perazzi MX2005. Where would you recommend I search for an O/U choked 31.5" barrel set for my Perazzi MX2005? I purchased the gun with the unsingle barrel 34" full no choke and of course should have bought a combo. I have been told by other members at our gun club that the MX2005 will only accept a MX2005 barrel set. I haven't shot this gun enough to provide any meaningful data or recommendations. Regards, Lewis Lyons

#8 ·
ACSS: I have a MX 2005 unsingle came from two KX-5 Krieghoffs and I can Keep my head up straight and my non-dominant Eye is NOT in front of my dominant eye also can see the target exiting the trap house like never before in the 8 years I have got back into this sport the only thing I can say is that you have to have a little patients of waiting for the target to get above the barrel before you go after it with the high rib all I have to say is that it was the best decision I have made yet and I'm very happy the only other gun I would be interested in right now would be a Dennis Devault INfinity Ultra but I already had this bought when I met Denny, but he is doing a stock for me. I have become more consistent with this gun then the other two K guns. Pat.k.Hope this was a help.

#9 ·
so far - thanks for everyones advice!! see you in tuscon. look for my duaghter- pony tail-pink gunbag-cowboyboots and wearing shorts!! she's gonna look down there! wally and tabor riebesell

#11 ·
A possible second reason you don't see many, 1 st being 3 years on the market, is $$$$. I shot a TMX for years and bought a MX10 Adj. rib combo. The rib is a little lower than a TMX and I am not real happy with that. I am considering trading. An option, get a regular MX-8, have Moneymaker install adj. ribs for $850. per bbl. and have an adj. comb installed. This can be done for less than 1/2 the price of a new MX2005.

#12 ·
john- thats a good idea- i have a friend who owns several mx8's , i will look his over. i am only 60min. from moneymakers. infact ,they just put a rib like you are talking about on my duaghters 391! i will talk to jay. thanks
wally riebesell

#15 ·
I haven't heard anything about loosening ribs on the 2005, but you might want to check before you let anyone remove a perazzi rib from it's barrel, supposedly they are installed under tension from the factory and the tube heads south when relieved...do a search before you have money-taker....i mean money maker touch it...good luck

#16 ·
thanks- i heard that same thing in changing the rib on a perazzi-

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.