Trapshooters Forum banner

Need a Stock Dulicated

4198 Views 31 Replies 23 Participants Last post by  Beretta Young Gun
Hey folks, Ive finnaly finished carving on my model 12 stock and ive go it shooting the way I want it. Unfortunatly its the ugliest thing sitting on the gun rack. Ive considered having it painted but the last stock I had painted chipped and scratched easily. So I want to have my stock duplicated onto a piece of colored laminated birchwood. I need someone that can drill the bolt hole, Inlet the face to the reciever, and rough out the shape and contour of the stock. I can do the final sanding and I have a gentelman that does a really good job of finishing stocks. I dont even want checkering cut into the stock. I will also want the forearm dulpicated as well. Im willing to shell out the cash if the job is done right, But since this will be a fairly rough job i dont expect to pay a whole lot. If you do any work like this or have a duplicator or know of any one that will do this kind of work for a reasonable price, please let me know. Ive attached a few pics so you will have an idea of what you could be getting into. BYG
Cosmetics Material property Lipstick

Electronic device

Red Material property

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Registered
10,122 Posts
Beretta Young Gun:
Looks like you did a good job. The name of the game is to break targets. I would leave the sob the way it is. When I was young I had a 870 TB with no bluing left on the gun, and the stock was in very poor shape and I place my 4 year old son's old tennis shoe sole that I epoxied on the stock for a recoil pad.

My friend was the only one who knew that I could shoot this gun really well. We went to an out of state Calcutta and I put my 3/4 of an inch eye glasses on, and got my cane and threw in a little limp and carried my gun everywhere I went.

When the bidding started the gun was next to me. My name came up and there was a gasp when the starting bid was $20.00. My friend bought me and we won a nice chunk of change. Guys with the fancy guns "HATE" losing to guns that look like yours and mine. I hope you leave it the way it is and hope you clean up at the shoots.
Steve Balistreri

· Registered
1,231 Posts
Find a painter that does motorcycle tanks.

They can probably get that mess filled and sanded, and paint whatever design you have in mind. A few coats of automotive clear, and it should be durable enough to last.

These guys are true artists, and some of their work belongs in an art museum.

I agree that if it fits you, and your shooting is improved, who cares what shape the stock is.

Good luck,
Russ

· Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I believe I am going to go with Mr. Dennis devault. He answered all of my questions very quickly and gave me a quote I can live with. I firmly believe he will turn out a perfect product based on the quality of work I have seen come out of his shop. BYG

· Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
thanks folk for all of your help. I am definatley going with devault, and I am going to use laminated birchwood. Apache gold is the color im goin with:
Red Material property Cylinder

Footwear Finger

I will keep you all posted on my finished project. thanks again BYG

· Banned
9,042 Posts
I agree with your choice. Either one mentioned would have been good. You did your own questioning and made the right choice. BTW, do your friends call you "goose"? Jon

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.