Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, Ive finnaly finished carving on my model 12 stock and ive go it shooting the way I want it. Unfortunatly its the ugliest thing sitting on the gun rack. Ive considered having it painted but the last stock I had painted chipped and scratched easily. So I want to have my stock duplicated onto a piece of colored laminated birchwood. I need someone that can drill the bolt hole, Inlet the face to the reciever, and rough out the shape and contour of the stock. I can do the final sanding and I have a gentelman that does a really good job of finishing stocks. I dont even want checkering cut into the stock. I will also want the forearm dulpicated as well. Im willing to shell out the cash if the job is done right, But since this will be a fairly rough job i dont expect to pay a whole lot. If you do any work like this or have a duplicator or know of any one that will do this kind of work for a reasonable price, please let me know. Ive attached a few pics so you will have an idea of what you could be getting into. BYG
berettayounggun_2008_0303.jpg

berettayounggun_2008_03031.jpg

berettayounggun_2008_03033.jpg

·
Registered
943 Posts
If you finished sanded it real smooth, it could easily be painted with a durable paint job. Clear coat is your friend. Worth a shot for what little it would cost you.

Nick

·
Registered
635 Posts
I think there is a Klingon somewhere who's filed a stolen gun report. Or a stolen battle ax report, not sure which, LOL.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you guys sure like to poke fun at this gun, lol. I take it none of you shoot at the same clubs I do, otherwise you would notice im the one walking away with the money most nights. This gun is tailored to fit me like a glove, and it fits my shooting style. Plus its worth a good laugh watching others at the club try to shoot this thing. Some guys cant pick it up because its so heavey. some guys damne near drop it because they flinch so bad. some guys cant even put there head on the comb unless they tuck the recoil pad under there arm. to me this is the best feeling and shooting stock I have ever tried.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
That stock looks like its made for a circus freak, it needs an Obama sticker! Just kidding of course, if it works for you then what it looks like isn't relevant.

Robert

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I'd say listen to Remstar. You can get a durable painted finish on it. It would be cheaper, and this is just a guess on my part, but there is a good chance you are going to want to make more changes as you go along.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Beretta, winning is the name of the game. Plus, you don't have to worry about anybody trying to steal it out of the clubhouse, they'd probably injure themselves in the process, LMAO. It's all good.

Dave

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
As curved as your comb is you better make sure your cheek is anchored exactly the same all the time. Some guys crawl foward or lean back when the pressures on.

You must have a long neck, I do as well.

I made one for a 391 out of bondo that looks similar to yours. AS posted above just keep working it with sandpaper and filler until you get it smooth, yours is still very rough. Then paint and clear coat.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Every stock maker can duplicate a stock. Google the names that come up all the time and contact the ones you feel have good comments. As far as wood, Mike Mann is a good place to start and all stock makers have a supply. To the wise guys commenting on how it looks, clearly they don't care if a gun fits, just looks. I wounder how well their marriages are working with that philosophy? Bruce

·
Registered
434 Posts
beauty, is in the eye of the beholder,if ur shootin it good, why care what it looks like, besides that it does have chacter all its own just think if u go to the grand and get in a shootoff for the 100k, that stock would certainly get some attention, good shootin to ya..........dk

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you do a search on Macon Gunstocks; I think you will have second thoughts. I made the mistake of trying them and it cost me a high grade stock blank. Stick with a proven establishment such as Wenig. Just my thoughts. Jerry Callaway

·
Banned
5,706 Posts
BYG Do yopu know any body men, how about giving it to Eddie Boggs and see if he can get it filled and finished sanded and paint it for you, and have it clear coated, I think he would be reasonable.

Gary Bryant
Dr.longshot

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
longshot, he is the one that painted my blue bt-99 stock. he was very reasonable on price and did an excellent job. On the other hand though the paint chipped and cracked easily. Im looking for something kinda one of a kind and he couldnt do any patterns in the paint. that is why i am leaning towards the laminated birchwood. BYG

·
Banned
5,706 Posts
BYG Call Wenig at 660-547-3334 and talk to them on the phone and e-mail pictures to them and get a price while talking to them, it would be faster that way and then send the stock Priority Mail if you both agree.

Gary Bryant
Dr.longshot

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.