Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at replacing the factory hard rubber recoil pad on my Citori for a KickEEZ pad. Does anyone know of a reputable gunsmith in the northern VA or MD (MoCo or PG County) that can do this? Pylinski Arms is in southern VA and it's a bit of a drive for me (but will make the day trip if he is the only reputable 'smith in the area)....I'm located out near Dulles Airport..

thanks.

·
Premium Member
10,462 Posts
or just mail it- take the stock off and mail it

the shipping will cost a couple of gallons of gas

regards from Iowa

Gene

·
Premium Member
10,462 Posts
you also wont have to make a return trip if you mail it

I have never seen a gunsmith that will do a pad while you wait except at large shoots- which is an option also

regards from Iowa

Gene

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
DC and Montgomery County are not hotbeds of good gunsmithing. Those of us who live there go many miles to get our guns worked on.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Eightbore: I hear you on that...even over here in northern Va, there isnt a whole lot of gunsmiths that specializes in sporting shotguns. Their isn't even a high end gunshop. It's all hunting guns, handguns, and tactical guns. This area would be a great place to set up shop for a high end sporting shotgun store, something similar to HiGrade Shooters or Jaquas. Larry Friedman in Gaithersburg is the only guy in the area that deals with higher end sporting shotguns. Other than that, you have to travel to PA, NJ, or Ohio to handle a high end gun in a gunshop.

·
Registered
353 Posts
The guy in the DC area that has all the stock answers and will be happy to take your gun and do a job on it is Eric Holder. You can contact him through the DOJ.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The "Country Gentlemen" stock fitters have traveled to both Fairfax R&G and IWLA in the spring; they do great work on-site. http://www.gunfitter.com/index.html

·
Registered
9,529 Posts
sernv99- A few minutes around the Fairfax Gun Club will answer your questions. You can also find a lot of better quality shotguns for sale at the club. It can be difficult to locate reputable people around DC, but the Fairfax club has a surplus of them.

Pat Ireland

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.