Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well some of you have heard me whining about the impending big move, at least big for me, coming up.Well, it's here. We sold the place downstate finally and we are moving now to the Cheboygan/Rogers City area, lock stock and barrel. Small problem: Not a lot of trap clubs up here. I'm used to participating in two to three leagues every summer down in Bay and Saginaw couties. I'm not seeing any up here whithin driving distance. Plenty of sporting clays and skeet but that really isn't my game.I know about Nyes over by Kalkaska and I will be going over there, but it's two and a half hours one way. I hoping maybe I've overlooked a club or two and someone local can give me a heads up. thanks Bill

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Alpena Sportsmans Club it is located west of town right nest to the airport. They used to hod the State Shoot there once in a while. Nice place.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Chuck, I have shot there on occasion and will be going there for sure. About an hours drive, not too bad for up north. Bill

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
slayer,

I have a place near Mio, and there aint a club in the area except Glennie Sportsmans. There is another place to check out. I know they just spent a lot of money on upgrades. They are 3 miles west of Glennie, off Bamfield Rd. They have a website.

Chuck

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just found out today that Cheboygan sportsmans is back in business after having to go to court over a dumb a$$ lawsuit. Somebody built a house next to their club and then bitched about the shooting. And made up some stuff about stray bullets. Judge found in the clubs favor. Anyway they're offering memberships and trap shooting twice a week along with a lot of other stuff. Only about 20 minutes away. things are looking up! Glennie is not that far either. thanks. Bill

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Silver Dollar - 1600 miles south good place to shoot

Area Code 906 - 100 miles north you can shoot anywhere.

End of Earth - 96 miles north

LOL

Chuck

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sure, Chuck you can be funny. You're not the one trying to move 40 years worth of sh** in single digit weather with an angry woman on your back. If I had time I'd start a thread about the right way to sell a house and move in the northern climates. I've already done it the wrong way. Don't get me started...Bill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.